A couple of new purchases

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Apr 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Dropping sprog Mk2 off at University yesterday so I took the chance to pop into Kranks and snaffled up the last 2 Portugese Mausers in 8mm that he had.
    I will probably have one rebarrellled to my 7.62 x 55 cartridge next year after I have had some fun with the 196 grain soft point ammo I bought. I rather fancy stalking with iron sights for a while this summer. I may even spend the cash and get the sporter ready for my October trip to Scotland, new barrel, stock, scope and mount.
    Anyway here are some pics, the two new ones are in the middle between the sportered 1891 Argentinian and the original Portugese in 6.5 x 58;
    IMG-20130407-00302.jpg
    IMG-20130407-00303.jpg
    IMG-20130407-00304.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

new barrel, stock, scope and mount - a bit triggers broom that isn't it! you keeping the sling swivels then?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nice bits of kit there. Good looking indeedy

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The receiver, bolt and trigger group are the only resiliant bits on a rifle. You can swap barrels and restock and yes it would be cheaper to buy new or realistically second hand but you cant get custom builds unless its someone elses custom rifle.

Those old SLRs we finally weighed in for tupperware tat must have been through countless barrels and bits!