A couple of new handguns

But...that's the whole point. It's part of my master political strategy to get the Brits to change their guns laws. It's for your own good.

ugly

LE
Stop winding us Limeys up.
Not here, I had a nice enough 5 shot 357 Taurus in my hands a week ago, a bit loud but great and section 1 for humane despatch of deer!

Stalking is such great fun!

Used to own a 686 (the stainless steel version of the 586). Great piece of engineering. I wonder what happened to all those guns that were handed in.

ugly

LE
You could specify a museum for it to go to if you wanted, I had considered that until section 7 saved the day. There is a collection of 1970's revolvers under section 7 and they are perfectly legal, it included rarity as well as age and now we all know they are all pretty rare here unless you are lucky enough!

ugly

LE
I know a chap who very clinically cut his pistols into bits and reassembled them so that they would fall apart in your hands when you handled them to show clear etc. His handing in day at Steelhouse lane was a picture I'd love to have seen. I recall he did get his VZ Skorpion into a museum but another from the same club wanted the cash for his 6" barrelled wobly MkV which upset a few bods as it was melted down.
When I had to hand in my child mass murdering Vostock tgt pistol (cheers Blair I made a profit you ******) I handed in a bent barrel, cut up slide and stripped frame very buggered up. The parts all went to a collector in Norway!

You could specify a museum for it to go to if you wanted, I had considered that until section 7 saved the day. There is a collection of 1970's revolvers under section 7 and they are perfectly legal, it included rarity as well as age and now we all know they are all pretty rare here unless you are lucky enough!
Can you keep sect 7 at home?

I handed mine in and took the money. I re-invested it in a 7.62 and a couple of 303's. Society is a safer place now!

THB the payout amounts were pretty generous. But then they could be as it was our money! All mine went back into the gun trade.

ugly

LE
You can keep one of the section 7 classes at home, I cant recall if its 3 or 1. That revolver had 3 cylinders sealed with resin (which could be cleaned out) but its not actually a requirement under the act, several self loaders have been granted for despatch!

ugly

LE
Selling my section 7 pistols about 3 years on made me a lot more than the compo would have. Paid for some nice stalking rifles and glass.

Alsacien

MIA
I handed mine in and took the money. I re-invested it in a 7.62 and a couple of 303's. Society is a safer place now!

THB the payout amounts were pretty generous. But then they could be as it was our money! All mine went back into the gun trade.
Really?
I got £350 back on a tweeked Berretta 92SBF that I paid £950 on 2 years before (it was heading to the US), and £150 for a Browning Hi-power that I'd paid £450 for about 6 years earlier (it was cut in half).

ugly

LE
I seem to recall the classics were much better priced than the custom and race guns and they seemed to lose out! You could appeal but it seemed pointless!

Really?
I got £350 back on a tweeked Berretta 92SBF that I paid £950 on 2 years before (it was heading to the US), and £150 for a Browning Hi-power that I'd paid £450 for about 6 years earlier (it was cut in half).
Sorry to hear that and I'm sure you are not alone. I suppose I was lucky.

I'm at work so don't have the papers to hand. IIRC with my P'08 I broke even. My 686, which I bought from a mate, I made about 150 quid profit on and about 100 quid profit on my 380 Enfield. But it was the re-loading components where I really took the piss!

ugly

LE
There was a lot of 308 brass cut down and chucked in as .45 pistol brass weighed by the bag!

ugly

LE
Sussex I seem to recall refused to take any dies that could be used in a rifle such as the 38 and 44 dies and any presses at all even though I cant think of anyone who uses turret presses like we did in pistol days if at all!

I've still got mine, thats one benefit of dwelling amongst the heathen huns. My Glock 23 pops wounded pigs, bambi's etc. nicely in .40 SW, my Ruger MkIII sorts out the trapped vermin and my Great Grandad's Webley Mk VI still shoots well in "Ordnanz" competition although it isn't easy to find the ammo.