A couple of joining questions

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by ibumchavs, Mar 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Probably not the right forum in terms of the noobish questions but some of it does apply to the RE plus i'm looking to join the corps so it only makes sense to ask sappers instead of throwing my questions into the hands of anyone.

Firstly how stringent are the GCSE requirements for certain trades or is your BARB score taken into account more readily?

Is it fact or fiction that in general the RE travel more in terms of deployments and exercise?

Kind of a two part question, when you get to your regiment how much access do you have if any to a gym, in particular a gym that has the equipment to facilitate bodybuilding/powerlifting style training? And lastly should someone expect to lose weight during basic training or is this not really an issue?

Cheers for any advice on the above fellas and i look forward to joining you honorable bunch of rascals in the near future :)

2. just look at the top of the page.

R E

3. You need to cut that crap out before you arrive at Gib FELLA! :wink:

4. [/size]
    [​IMG]

WHY :? :? :? :?

5. Have to wait til your training reg or a senior before you bust that one out! :p

6. DID YOU JUST USE THE F WORD?

7. Apologies for using the f word i realise i have not yet advanced from the stage of shit bag civvy but i'll get there sooner or later. Atleast in the meantime i'm working for HM Liz and not dishing out big macs or stocking blue stripe lager :)

8. the "F" word bothers others more than some, but as i said check the links Chimera has posted.

outwith that we are here to help(ish).

9. It's ok literally all my friends are in so im used to the lingo and sense of humour