A counter-boycott of Britain? Its a stupid idea!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Jun 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,2094714,00.html

I hope that our Israeli friends would not impose any sanction, because it could harm British economy

I believe that later or sooner British organisation will abandon a silly idea to boycott Israel.

In this context, so called counter-boycott of the UK would be wrong decision. I sincerely hope that it will not take place.
  2. I wasn't aware that we make or sell anything of any use to other countries any more?
  3. Once again Israel seeking to involve others in it's shennanigans.

I don't think a majority of North Americans are even going to consider such a boycott against the United Kingdom anytime soon. In fact it may even encourage a long overdue call in the USA to ask Israel to "grow the f*ck up"

Thanks mostly to the Celestial Navigator (POHAH). Hurry up and boycott us Israel, it may well clarify some thinking.

Will they be banning British Jewish business exports and travellers as well?
  4. Americans have someone special in their lives; themselves. They will buy what they want to regardless of it's origin, the same as most people do. The Israeli stance is a paper tiger
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I was going to say something about the UK's manufacturing base, but you beat me to it...
  6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

In general reply to the post this was bound to happen, and actually should happen. It would be pretty damn silly if Israelis all rushed out to buy British goods as a result of the proposed boycott...
  7. Few years ago I baught Dyson vacuum cleaner. It works nicely.
  8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

You anglophile, Sergey. Do you have marmalade on toast with tea in the morning?
  9. You can laugh Nehustan, but my answer is yes. Recent years I prefer Ahmad (English N.1 or Earl Grey). Though sometimes I use jam instead of marmalade.
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

It was a jovial question, but good to see that the UK is still great, and exporting its wares to the right kind of people ;) All that money spent on the BBC World Service by the F(C)O seems to be doing the trick...
  11. Dysons are made in Malaysia.

Both tea and citrus fruit-based marmalade are out as well for obvious climatic reasons, but we could probably run to some British-made jam (if we have any farmers left, that is).
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Israel is more than welcome to come over here and bomb the uni-unions on our behalf.

Trade with Israel is a good thing, in both directions.

All those cretins that think Israel is wrong to exist need to fcuk off and move to the ME where they can be surrounded by their enlightened brothers.
  13. Sorry , where was that said?
  14. Plans to move production were declared in 2002 and it required time. So I believe my vacuum cleaner was made in the UK.
  15. Plans to move production were declared in 2002 and it required time. So I believe my vacuum cleaner was made in the UK.