A close shave

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fertman, Oct 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's better....an electric or a safety razor, and come to that, does anyone still use a cutthroat ( for shaving, I mean!) ?Personally, I've made a chuckaway last 6 weeks, is this a record? And just for the hell of it, what's the strangest thing you've ever had a shave with?

2. A Puma sheath-Knife, for a charity do in the FI

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well said tropper66. You are our expert on close shaves, on cold streets in Belfast :lol: :p

4. No it was in "The Gull-n-Penguin" and I was drunk, hurt like hell shaving off six months of beard

5. Safety Razor or a 'chavette' replaceable open blade.

Brush & decent shaving cream or soap (Penhaligon's do some good gear).

6. The closest shave i ever had was in my car. I was concentrating on a lady in a very tight skirt and heels walking up the pavement and narrowly missed plowing into a bus queue.

7. I used to use a Garand bayonet in Belize. It's real use was to look Guchi on my belt and for hacking at the occasional bit of green stuff that got in the way. But it was made of superb steel and kept a keen edge, so I shaved with it occasionaly.

Edited to add that my LBFM here gave my beard a trim last night with a rechargeable electric razor, after which she gave me a trim around the nether regions and I returned the compliment by trimming her Ho Chi Minge. Oddly the Vietnamese tartini dont like to shave their pussies, whereas the Iranians shave everything except their heads.

8. Cut throat razors are ace to shave with when I have time. Day to day I use a Murker safety razor. Cheap to run at £2.50 for 10 blades.

As for close shaves, I've had a few - mostly escaping the clutches of mental women!

9. Wot a bunch of pussies, I just knock the bristles in with a hammer and bite 'em off from inside, saves a fortune in blades and soap. :roll: :roll:

10. Six weeks for shaving bum fluff sounds about right.

11. Sod the blades, wax!

12. [​IMG]

no good in the field though!

13. In 1982 I drunkenly "fell off" the balcony of the bar in San Pedro Caye, Belize. I landed, scratched to shreds, on the planks over the sea-enclosure below. There was a couple of small sharks and other sea creatures in it. That was a close shave!

14. Yeah, that's the one with Shaun the sheep in it. Oi farkin luvs im, oi duzz.