A close call for recce

Discussion in 'RAC' started by recce-cpl, Nov 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here is a close one i had whilst on exercise in Bavaria last month . I swapped my driver round with my operator due to him being knackered . My operator was a good lad and a bit of a D+M whizz so i had no reason to doubt his driving skill. Anyway just got into yet another forest so i needed a quick map recce . As we pulled off we hit a 70 ft spruce tree, i smashed (my already)shagged knee off the back of the gun . We moved on slowly with me curseing my stand-in driver , when i looked behind me to see the large christmas tree heading right towards me in my cupola .It smashed my hatch and i got down in the turret in the nick of time as it brushed the top of my crew guard .Took my a while to get out as i needed a troop leaders interview with my boss ''CAPT MORGAN'' in his hip flask . I hate Scimitars so much , i was only there for the exercise as there is a shortage of crew commanders , give me my lowas and a bergan any day .[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Of course my GPS was smashed as was my Playstation , lap top , Rolex,softie 90 doss bag etc etc .

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Good skills there R-C.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your GPS, Playstation , lap top , Rolex,softie 90 doss bag as well as your own Steiner binos, privately owned KITE-sight, NVGs and WIMIC.

4. Great minds think alike! :D

5. Shame you're not attached to a TA regiment - or the Scimitar would have been private purchase too...

6. Here is another shot , the driver is the guy on the left looking rather sheepish(no welsh jokes please ) I am surprised i could keep the camera steady .

Attached Files:

7. We'll just call you 'Lucky' then..

8O

8. Boys and their toys - oh such fun.

9. That cheered me up this morning recce.

I'm not so upset about the pissed up scum bag who kicked off the wng mirror on my estate car now.

10. Nice one - but surly if youhad wanted a christmas tree, it would have been just a bit easier to ask?

Also, isn't it a bit big to fit in the mess or your home, or is your quater bigger than most?

OS

11. Estate car? Christ, spot the man with a new baby... No more a two-wheeled-speed-demon, you'll be pulling a caravan next... :roll: :p

Oh, and great pics, Recce! Change of underwear all round? :D

12. I trust that you beat him like a ginger welsh stepchild

Or stepped onto the front decks to boot him repeatedly in the swede :lol:

13. Yes i needed to anyway as i had been wearing them for 2 weeks as it was . I was very very lucky , i am not at all religous but something made me turn round and look up . I had ANR headsets on so i didnt hear it coming . It would of broke my neck and i would of been impaled on the commanders sight cover . The best part was , my troop leader didnt even get out of his turret to seeif i was ok , he bollocked his driver for getting out and running over because he didnt put his helmet on or grab his rifle .

14. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I seem to recall the essense of camoflage was several small branches rather than one tree!

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No Dozy, to Lairdx an 'estate car' means it is up on bricks in front of the house.