A Christmas message to the Politicians

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by oldcolt, Dec 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear Politicians of all parties
    As the New Year approaches along with a general election could you all stop playing party politics for a while and have a go at being statesmen and women instead.

The Country is in an appalling state due to greed, ineptitude and moral cowardice at many levels and in many areas but, as our elected leaders, you should be accepting your responsibility and share of this instead of blaming each other and everyone else.

Whilst you are whingeing about not being able to claim to have your lawn cut at your second home, brave men and women are risking and giving their lives at your behest, in fields of poppies and lands of dust, stone and mortal danger.

So, for Christmas and into the New Year, why not try and find and develop in yourselves the honour, courage, duty and selflessness that you praise so loudly in your hollow speeches and sound bites. Britain deserves better.
  2. I think they are all on holidays already
  3. Dec 18-Jan 12 :D More time off than the COs webbing. :evil:
  4. I like :twisted:
  5. The old ones are the best;-

“...It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

“Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

“Ye sordid prostitutes, have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd; your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse the Augean Stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings, and which by God's help and the strength He has given me, I now come to do.

“I command ye, therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. You have sat here too long for the good you do. In the name of God, go!”

A version of Oliver Cromwell's speech dismissing Parliament
    20 April 1653
    in a nutshell feck off
  6. But also shows that nothing has changed in the hundreds of years since. I
  7. I just wish he'd posted here first...It would have saved me a lot of typing, thought and tea making time :roll:
  8. Dear Politicians of all parties

Dont bother coming back.

Many Thanks

The people
  9. Dear Politicians,
    It is time to end your corrupt ways and to stop lining your pockets. It is time for you to start working for the country and its indigenous population as you have been elected to do so. Make this country the great place it once was before you got your grubby little hands on it.
    End of message
  10. Dear politicians,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
  11. Dear Politicians,

I hope you all die horrible, painful and embarrassing deaths from acute dysentary over the christmas period.

Its better than you deserve but I cant be bothered to be more creative. You just are not worth the effort.

Cheers then

12. Dear Politicians,
    Take an even longer break, in fact just don't come back!!!!
  13. i,m looking forward to the political new years resolutions, they should be a laugh.

most people promise to go on a diet or something similar. they vow to impose some new and improved means of sorting out the mess they caused the year before. usually implying that we tighten our belts for there fk ups.