A career break?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by g2_loony_bin, Sep 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Is there such a thing as a career break? Heard it was around 3 or 4 years.

    I'm thinking about going to university in the future and want to know whats the best way, this career break or signing off then back on again?

    Many thanks for any and all information!
  2. Yes. Speak to your admin office; they should have the guidance notes. It is not assured but I have known several successful applicants. Good luck.
  3. Has been discussed in another thread - doesn't anyone use the search function!!!!

    It exists! Whether or not we will be released is another question.

    If they knock you back and you have had your rank for more than 12 months substantive then it is probably easier to sign off, do what you want and then re-engage. If you're in a pinch-point trade you will probably be eligible for a bounty of some kind too. It may be something to point out if they knock you back at MCM because unless you've done something considerably stupid whilst you've been a civvie they are going to take you back aren't they.

    One other thing to think about is what pension you would come back onto if you signed off...???