A busy weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Oct 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

First on Sunday morning a fox in our front garden trap, then one in a clients rented trap in Balham and then this morning a barking dog fox on the lawn, barking at the vixen in the front lawn trap, so two in the bag. 4 foxes in two days not too shabby;

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Do you have something that'll do the same for pikies?

Just too many god damn urban pikies around at the moment...

3. Both look in pretty good condition (apart from being dead), so plenty of food about.

• Like Like x 1
  4. good to see urban foxes being dealt with properly rather than being released into the countryside to starve because they are incapable of hunting for food!

5. We've got a Vixen recently arrived on the scene at work, used to see tons of Rats. But she's doing a better job of keeping them down than the pest controller who just lashes bait boxes down which the rats walk past.
    Last fox we had round here was a bastard for jumping in the skips and chucking rubbish everywhere which encouraged the rats. He was in shit state too, matted fur and patchy tail. Rats would walk past him he was useless.
    Its quite good watching the new one on cctv hunting, she's even got a couple of Pigeons by hiding in the bushes next to where the daft old biddies throw bread and seed down.
    She'll let you get within 10' of her before she'll do one. As long as shes not making a mess like the last one I won't be hassling her by throwing bricks. I was tempted to shoot the bugger, but I didn't think him worth the risk of me losing an arrow or the trouble with the law if someone grassed.

Attached Files:

6. By the way Ugly what do you do with the pelts?

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Skinning foxes is hard graft, after removing the brushes I dump the rest in the bin. I have 2 freezers full of hides waiting for me to get off my idle arse and tan them, I dont have room for fox hides but I would skin them if a customer wanted them.
    The foxes are all in good nick at the moment, all in winter coats but still jumping with fleas due to the weather.
    Not had a mangy one around here for a year or two and they should be well fed, an old biddy over the back feeds them and one of this recent mob had 2 of my hens.
    As for pikeys its been alleged that I am one but I wouldnt bat an eyelid if I thought convincingly that I could get away with it!

8. Hmmm fox pelt hat.

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm sure if you know a Milliner I could tan enough pelts to make a rake of them!

10. Get Boris to sew some up..............I'll take cover now.

11. I'm sure these guys would take them off your hands, might pay a good price too. Home

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cheers I'll drop them a line later.

13. It would be interesting to listen to the squeals of the tree hugging brigade if the urban foxes which seem to be proliferating almost out of control, took to feeding on their cats!

• Like Like x 2
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its happened down here, now cats spend the evenings indoors.

15. Surprised a fox in my shed the other day. Unfortunately I was unarmed. Two baskets of washing/ironing don't count as a weapon unless you are desperate.

The Beretta now stands behind the back door and I have two SG carts in my pocket...he'll be back. Back for good!