• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

A busy weekend

B

Barbarella

good to see urban foxes being dealt with properly rather than being released into the countryside to starve because they are incapable of hunting for food!

We've got a Vixen recently arrived on the scene at work, used to see tons of Rats. But she's doing a better job of keeping them down than the pest controller who just lashes bait boxes down which the rats walk past.
Last fox we had round here was a bastard for jumping in the skips and chucking rubbish everywhere which encouraged the rats. He was in shit state too, matted fur and patchy tail. Rats would walk past him he was useless.
Its quite good watching the new one on cctv hunting, she's even got a couple of Pigeons by hiding in the bushes next to where the daft old biddies throw bread and seed down.
She'll let you get within 10' of her before she'll do one. As long as shes not making a mess like the last one I won't be hassling her by throwing bricks. I was tempted to shoot the bugger, but I didn't think him worth the risk of me losing an arrow or the trouble with the law if someone grassed.

Attachments

ugly

LE
Skinning foxes is hard graft, after removing the brushes I dump the rest in the bin. I have 2 freezers full of hides waiting for me to get off my idle arse and tan them, I dont have room for fox hides but I would skin them if a customer wanted them.
The foxes are all in good nick at the moment, all in winter coats but still jumping with fleas due to the weather.
Not had a mangy one around here for a year or two and they should be well fed, an old biddy over the back feeds them and one of this recent mob had 2 of my hens.
As for pikeys its been alleged that I am one but I wouldnt bat an eyelid if I thought convincingly that I could get away with it!

It would be interesting to listen to the squeals of the tree hugging brigade if the urban foxes which seem to be proliferating almost out of control, took to feeding on their cats!

Surprised a fox in my shed the other day. Unfortunately I was unarmed. Two baskets of washing/ironing don't count as a weapon unless you are desperate.

The Beretta now stands behind the back door and I have two SG carts in my pocket...he'll be back. Back for good!

It would be interesting to listen to the squeals of the tree hugging brigade if the urban foxes which seem to be proliferating almost out of control, took to feeding on their cats!

I'm not a Townie, but I don't support the Horsey fox hunting fraternity. But I have no issues with what Ugly is doing, it's good management of the land.

Its happened down here, now cats spend the evenings indoors.
Cats are a real menace to wildlife, especially song birds in Britain :-http://www.worldlandtrust.org/news/2011/06/cat-menace-unpopular.htm
But as the article states "There is absolutely no excuse for this continued massacre of wildlife, as cats can easily be kept confined to their homes. No other 'domestic' animal is allowed to freely roam the countryside slaughtering wildlife at will." Nearly all British conservation societies and organisations have been relatively reticent in any suggestion that cats should be kept confined within the premises where they live. The argument being that this would deter supporters!

Cats are a real menace to wildlife, especially song birds in Britain :-http://www.worldlandtrust.org/news/2011/06/cat-menace-unpopular.htm
But as the article states "There is absolutely no excuse for this continued massacre of wildlife, as cats can easily be kept confined to their homes. No other 'domestic' animal is allowed to freely roam the countryside slaughtering wildlife at will." Nearly all British conservation societies and organisations have been relatively reticent in any suggestion that cats should be kept confined within the premises where they live. The argument being that this would deter supporters!
The semi feral cats around here (approx 20 or so) and I have an agreement, they keep the rats down and don't "trespass" on my garden and I leave them alone. For enforcement of this I have an Ed. Ed is one of the biggest Jack Russels I've seen and he eats cats.

Edit. Ed drinks beer, shits in random places and farts in his sleep I think he is a reincarnated squaddie.

ugly

LE
Too true, in fact with foxes, cats and badgers there is a rough start out there for any feathered friend or small mammal.

Latest Threads