A British Trump

SauceDoctor

On ROPS
On ROPs
we are about the only western country who have not really had a ¨populist / nationlist¨ rise up. It was supposed to be Farage but he turned out to be a wet blanket.

JRM would do but Gerrard Baton fro UKIP is also pretty good but being a member of UKIP he wont be winning an election anytime soon. The only way to get a decent nationalist in power is to launch a soft coup on an already winning party which is exactly what Trump did.

Trump is no republican.

For a British trump to end up as PM, he would have to joint the conservatives, be immediately appointed to the cabinet and then the post of leader. All that and get elected as an MP too. It´s too bloody difficult.

Ẃe are stuck with the dredges of career politicians that are coming through the ranks
Excellent post.

We're British, we don't go for this sort of thing. The ex-Zero Alpha is from a German Jewish family, who fled to the UK in the 1930s. Her great grandfather, and grandfather threw things at Mosley and generally regarded him as a cnut. Their British neighbours similarly thought of him and his followers as twats.

we are about the only western country who have not really had a ¨populist / nationlist¨ rise up. It was supposed to be Farage but he turned out to be a wet blanket.

JRM would do but Gerrard Baton fro UKIP is also pretty good but being a member of UKIP he wont be winning an election anytime soon. The only way to get a decent nationalist in power is to launch a soft coup on an already winning party which is exactly what Trump did.

Trump is no republican.

For a British trump to end up as PM, he would have to joint the conservatives, be immediately appointed to the cabinet and then the post of leader. All that and get elected as an MP too. It´s too bloody difficult.

Ẃe are stuck with the dredges of career politicians that are coming through the ranks
You've just described the peculiarities of our democratic process that stop a proto-Hitler from seizing power in this country.

I take pride in that

I'm the British Trump. We need to do a deal with the Russians and take back Germany. UK, US and Russian zones. Leave the Frogs out this time. Oh, and bomb the shit out of Dublin. Father Leo Vereker needs a slap. He was a bad 'un in The Eagle Has Landed.
So if we are going to hit Dublin why should we leave the Frogs out of the bombing?
Two birds one stone and all that.

Trump is no republican.

My bold.. I would disagree with you about Farage, he did get millions to vote for UKIP in 2015, putting the s**ts up the mainstream parties, causing them, as the mainstream parties in France did, in isolating him and plying all sorts of dubious tricks like this Tory MP's win over Nigel Farage could have been declared void after he 'abandoned' campaign spending rules snip "A Conservative MP's election to Parliament should have been declared void after he overspent during his campaign to beat Nigel Farage, a court has heard.
Craig Mackinlay, who represents the constituency of South Thanet in Kent, is accused of deliberately submitting "woefully inaccurate" expenditure returns, along with his election agent Nathan Gray and party activist Marion Little.
Jurors at Southwark Crown Court heard that during the 2015 general election campaign, the Conservative Party put in extra resources to win the seat."

to ensure he only got one MP elected despite the party having significantly more votes than the Libdems & Greens who both got MP's elected. See here ...

Party % of vote CON 36.9% = 331 MP's LAB 30.4% = 232 MP's UKIP 12.6% = 1 MP's LD 7.9 % = 8 MP's SNP 4.7 % = 56 MP's GRN 3.8 = 1MP

I think that the UKIP or populist rise scared the s**t out of the other mainstream parties who saw their sinecure disappearing if they didn't take steps to stop it.

There are traditional personality types of the demagogue agitator.

Enormous and unjustified self confidence, which usually tips over into delusional megalomania.
Talented public speakers who degenerate into ranting bullies.
Entirely negative campaign styles, able to pull down the establishment but promise an undeliverable fantasy world if only they can be elected.
Quite often corrupt, paranoid, unfaithful and actively treacherous in their personal lives.

There are traditional personality types of the demagogue agitator.

Enormous and unjustified self confidence, which usually tips over into delusional megalomania.
Talented public speakers who degenerate into ranting bullies.
Entirely negative campaign styles, able to pull down the establishment but promise an undeliverable fantasy world if only they can be elected.
Quite often corrupt, paranoid, unfaithful and actively treacherous in their personal lives.
Perhaps the best way to judge a politician is to see how they behave in their personal life?

Like who ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pick one of thousands.
Churchill?
Great politician. Hated by his own party, (and, in fact, deeply distrusted by the public for most of his career)) and a bullying, depressive alcoholic.
JFK? Most popular politician of his day. Corrupt, womanising drug addict.
Almost every great politician has a deeply flawed personality.
Unfortunately, so do most third rate politicians.

Anybody like to suggest a UK MP that they would trust as potus more than the trumpster! ? Seriously one name.( and Not "my cat puddy" or anything else silly)

Often the best politicians are the worst people.

Indeed, if I call someone a politician in a business context its because I consider them to be untrustworthy, only saying & doing what is good for themselves, rather than being more honest in their actions in doing their job. A lot also seem good at the a**e kissing as well just to keep in the bosses good books, rather than pointing out obvious flaws in a plan/decision.