A British diplomat in Moscow knocked over a FSB colonel

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Dec 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1102210/The-British-diplomat-ran-Russian-spy-bizarre-Moscow-car-accident.html

It happened on a pedestrian crossing clearly marked. So the diplomat had to slow his car anyway. Btw, the article doesn't mention this important detail.

So it was a collision of two spies? Funny.

So there are really rather 3 spies in this story. Funny.
  2. Oops wonder if the unfortunate colonel was sober at the time .Awful lot of pedestrians who get hit by cars aren't .Hope he makes a swift recovery
    and it was a simple accident.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Conspiracy theory! Well done, Sergey! Keep them coming....... :roll:
  4. Of course it was no more than unfortunate accident. However...

suppose that the colonel would be killed. Would the UK void the Briton diplomatic immunity?
  5. No. Why should we? You won't extradite Luguvoi, who allegedly murdered a British citizen and had no diplomatic immunity.
  6. You are absolutely right Smithie. Diplomats enjoy the immunity according to Vienna convention.

...and any Russian citizen enjoys immunity not to be extradited according to Russian constitution. Why should we change it?

The diplomat is guilty because it happened on pedestrian crossing (in this case a driver is guilty anyway). As for mr.Lugovoi then he only 'allegedly' murdered the victim. The evidences (if they ever exist) are being kept secret.
  7. Something I had long suspected, along with the LSE!
  8. No matter how hard I try, whenever I read KGB's posts, I cant help putting on a Valentin Zukovsky aka Robbie Coltrane in James Bond style accent, too much spare time on my hands? Too much spunk more like!
  9. KGB, does this element of the Russian constitution mean that effectively a Russian citizen has a get out of jail free card? For example a Russian commits a major robbery in say Germany - if he makes it back to Russia without being arrested would the Russians arrest and instigate a trial in Russia instead or would the authorities ignore the crime?
  10. Surely that depends on how he shared the proceeds?
  11. With sufficient evidences such a criminal would be jailed of course. And be sure German prison would look as a resort in comparison with Russian one.

If British police would be so kine to presend sufficient evidences then mr.Lugovoy would be jailed as well. Now he is an MP. So according to the procedure first of all special parliamentary commission would look into evidences and after it the Duma (the Parliament) would vote to void mr.Lugovoy his immunity (as an MP).
  12. well to be fair Britain wouldn't extradite various Russians back to Russia .........