A brief summary of Blind Pugh's recent sins

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by stoatman, Dec 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/12/01/uclaims.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/12/15/ixportaltop.html

Bigger men have resigned over far lesser allegations...

2. Stephen Byers resigned , because his assistant was heard to say , "It was a good day to bury bad news"

Why are we even talking about this? A minister of the Crown, has been caught in flagrante delecto , and he hasn't seen the whitewashed wall yet?

I thought the Lord High Blair, was such a devout Christian, as he's always telling us, that it would make it hard for Blunkett to remain in his cabinet, stinking up the place with the aroma of immorality, and dragging British Politics even further into the sewer.

Why are her Majesties Loyal opposition not crucifying this man?

Is it because a lot of his suggested policies, are exactly what they want in place, should they come to power?

Or

Is it a simple case, that they are all at it, and no one dares speak up, lest his wife gets a shock over her Sunday Kipper?.

Why is a man in such a sensitive position, who has engaged in an adulterous affair with a foreign national, allowed to remain in post?

3. "DO AS I SAY - NOT AS I DO"

The people in power are realising they can get away with more and more. Its the direct result of pacifying people through 'political correctness'.......

Brain washing for the masses.........

4. Like them all, he thinks that he is superior and that "little people" rules do not apply to him.

Pride comes before a fall. Most of his own party hate him after his indiscreet biography comments and his pathetic attempt at a singalong at the backbencher christmas party.

Talking about his biography, did anyone see the aftermath of PMQs when that poisonous cnut Hilary Armstrong threw a copy (brought in and used to good effect by Michael Howard) at the Tory benches, landing in the lap of Alan Duncan?

Never underestimate the sheer ego, spite and vindictiveness of this current crop of politicans.

5. No high public official, on either side of the Atlantic, resigns in disgrace any more. It just isn't done. It went the way of fighting duels and writing with quill pens.

Resignation implies, after all, that the office holder is in some way accountable for his behavior to the public.

There is now in office a generation that considers itself accountable to the public in the same way that the owner of an ant farm considers himself accountable to the ants.

6. You missed out the obvious one.

Tupping another man's wife.

Man of honour? I think not.

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It is surprising that Bliar has stuck by him, given that the Wide-Mouthed-Frog is a Papist and Bliar is one in all but name.