A Bridge too Far

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by forniup, Aug 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Never mind surfing Arrse its on Channel Five now.

"We can't accept your surrender, we don't have the facilities, Sorry"
  2. "Sorry old boy, we haven't got the facilities to take you all prisoner...was there anything else?" i think you'll find...Awesome film by the way, my favourite.
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Fcuking love this film. Who hasn't been there on a BF tour and not marvelled at how long Frost's lot held out in the face of superior numbers?
  4. Glider Pilot boys, we love you. GPR had the highest casualty rate in Arnhem at 90% in battles after landing the Aircraft. The regiment lasted only 15 years, but in that time they received 190 Honours/decorations and 9 battle honours. fair play lads.
  5. Cup of tea, Sir?
  6. Couldn't hurt sir!
  7. Scene where the Dutch kid on the bike is peddling towards the camera when the Spitfire flies over his head and dips its wings brings a lump to my throat. So does the music. An outstanding film.
  8. Found a better one Theirs is the glory made in 1946 and starred survivors of Arnhem. When they went back, their trenches were still there

You can see the Hartenstein museum in the background.
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Lt. Colonel J.O.E. Vandeleur: "When you refer to Bailey crap I take it you mean that glorious, precision-made, British-built bridge which is the envy of the civilized world?"

SSgt. Eddie Dohun: Would you look at him please, sir.
    [draws his .45]
    SSgt. Eddie Dohun: Right now. Or I'll blow your fcukin' head off.
    [cocks the .45]
    SSgt. Eddie Dohun: Right now.
    U.S. medical colonel: I can give him a quick examination if you like.
  10. Just like to mention that a lot of the Sherman crews in this film were actually supplied by 3RTR including my ex SSM RIP. No wonder the film was class quite apart from the actual storyline..........brave lads indeed!!!
  11. ..and the Cent drivers A3B, moi included
  12. Yes but their was only a couple of real tanks, the rest were VW mock up fibre glass.
  13. Correct...and Michael Cane wore yellow wellies... :D
  14. I believe they used serving guys to jump in the DZ Scenes too. My Ex SSM was in 10 Para and professes to have jumped in the movie.
  15. ZB298 was also there ISTR! :D