A Brick Tub?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by fltpilot, Oct 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Neighbour had had the cowboy builders in and at the 3rd lot of cowboys has had a brick like tub at the front of the drive built. About 15 ft long rectangle'ish and built to about 2 ft high but only single brick width all round. Now i'm thinking that as soon as they fill it with earth the weight of the soil will be to much for the brickwork?

It looks like it's already getting filled by passer-by's with empty beer cans & macdonalds!
    Would be a laugh if it all falls down as it's only taken 6 months to complete it.
    And 3 different builders with outstanding workmanship mostly asian/polish!

Any views from competent brickies?
  2. Are you really worried? Did you say to him "hang on, I'll ask some internet strangers what they reckon?"

If he's happy with it, then that's all that matters.
  3. I'm betting it will fall down!
    But then i did learn to do bricklaying at evening classes years ago.
    Just does not look strong enough!
  4. Some neighbour you are!

You could have built it for him then.

I mean its not as if its a homage to Pink Floyd is it?
  5. Install a few of these, then you can monitor the gradual collapse from the comfort of your own home. No need to be peeping through the curtains.

You could then warn your neighbour when it reaches the point of failure, and possibly save him from serious injury.
  6. I did volunteer but was told he had a "mate" that would do it.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Serves him right then.
  8. As a qualified Engineer looking at your post on the interent I would say its sound as a pound and wonderfully constructed.

saying that Im a VM who normally kicks a tyre and tells you that your vehicles fixed....using the same principles maybe try kicking a bottom brick and see if it falls over.
  9. Maybe he's betting that when it collapses a pissed-up passer-by will hoy one of the bricks through your window. Karma.