A Breed of Heroes

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by barbarasson, Jul 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After years of trying to get hold of a copy Alan Judd's A Breed of Heroes is in printn again. I really can't comment as to its take on Ireland, but it chimes well with what I know and is a very interesting exposition of relationships in a battalion. An entertaining and thought provoking read, I easily got my £5.50 (from play) worth.
  2. Great book, read it several times. I know a TV movie was made of it, was it any good?
  3. The TV movie was made in 1994 for the 25th anniversary, very good, true to the book.

amended for carelessness
  4. Gee 1194 was this with battalions of Normans :eek:
  5. Good book and mad Chatsworth in it pops up in another Alan Judd book set in 'Lower Africa' as a bumbling histage negotiator.

Believe Alan Judd was Para Reg before joining a certain government department. He always insisted he was a bog-standard civil servant but Tomlinson the fantasist/whistle-blower (delete as applicable) outed him including his real name.
  6. Is this the story about a Lt in an "Army Commando Bn" during a tour of NI? If so, a bloody good read.
  7. I and a girlfriend experimented with both the shirts hairy and webbing on shagging scenes DONT HAVE WATER IN THE BOTTLE.