• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

A Breed of Heroes

After years of trying to get hold of a copy Alan Judd's A Breed of Heroes is in printn again. I really can't comment as to its take on Ireland, but it chimes well with what I know and is a very interesting exposition of relationships in a battalion. An entertaining and thought provoking read, I easily got my £5.50 (from play) worth.

Good book and mad Chatsworth in it pops up in another Alan Judd book set in 'Lower Africa' as a bumbling histage negotiator.

Believe Alan Judd was Para Reg before joining a certain government department. He always insisted he was a bog-standard civil servant but Tomlinson the fantasist/whistle-blower (delete as applicable) outed him including his real name.

Latest Threads