a bounty question

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by fusilier50, Sep 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i didnt qualify for last years bounty as i was still mobilised for medical reasons from Telic 8. i realise as "regular army" i do not get a bounty but what happens when i do finally demobilise?

I am still being treated for injuries sustained on op's which could last until early next year.When i finally am demobbed i will probably lose this years bounty as i have to rebuild my strength in my back progressively before attempting the required Matts. Realistically i do not expect to be able to pass some of the physical Matts this year and would not therefore qualify for bounty.

before i sustained my injuries i had never failed to qualify in 9 years TA. The 10 year medal is linked in with numbers of bounties. does this mean i do not qualify for bounty or my medal even though i have unbroken service?
  2. msr

msr LE

If you are medically downgraded, then you should be given a pass on the MATTS.

Regular service counts towards the VRSM, so you should still qualify.

Let me have a peer into TA Regs.

3. silly me i should have saved time and just PM'd you :)
  4. msr

msr LE

Continuity of Service 10.
    The following, though not counted as qualifying service for the VRSM or Clasps, will not be considered a break in the continuity of service required by paras 5b and 6a:
    a. Periods not exceeding 3 years between service in one of the forces listed at para 5a and another such Service.
    b. Periods not exceeding 3 years between service in authorized auxiliary forces of the Commonwealth and the forces listed in para 5a. The period may be extended when the initial non-existence of an auxiliary force prevents the individual joining such a force. However, an extension shall in no cases be for more than 6 months after facilities for joining such a force become available.
    c. Service in the regular reserves of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army or Royal Air Force immediately following discharge or transfer from one of the forces listed at para 5a if such service is by virtue of a previous liability for reserve service.
    d. Service in the regular reserves of an Armed Service of the Commonwealth if it immediately follows discharge or transfer from one of the forces listed at para 5a or an authorized auxiliary force of the Commonwealth, and is by virtue of a previous liability for reserve service.

e. Any year to a maximum of 3 consecutive years in which an individual fails to complete his full obligatory training commitment as laid down in paras 5c and 6b.
    f. A period not exceeding 3 years between leaving the Regular Forces and formally applying to join the Reserve Forces listed at para 5a.
    g. Any service which has been counted towards another award for long service in either the Regular Forces, the Reserve Forces or the Cadet Forces.
    h. Any service which is given solely to the Cadet Forces. Such service may reckon instead towards the award of the Cadet Forces Medal.
    i. Any formally authorized break in service or leave of absence of up to 3 years taken for personal or business reasons.

2. To qualify, an applicant must earn bounty in 9 out of the 10 years for the Medal, or in each of the 5 years for the Clasp, except for service at Serials 3,4 & 7 which will be reckonable, unless an individual receives a report to show that service to have been unsatisfactory.

So in summary - I think you have qualified. Your mileage with your CO may vary...

5. I know it was a long time ago now but what were the rules regarding break-in-service for the TEM and TD? Where they similar to the VRSM?

6. msr

msr LE

I am afraid I don't know. Try asking the Medals Office.