A bit of humor at the expense of (some) officers

Hooray! If JJH is young I am at least close to young.

(does not mean I don't like 1/2 price movie tickets though)

I assume they're some sort of hardware stores then? Do you get cheap bus fares and discount rego on your car?
They are DIY superstores like B&Q in the UK.

Most cities have special fares for public transit and some states have discounted car tag fees etc.

RE: "my range"
Do ye own yer own private shooting gallery JJH?

If so, I can only assume the USMC has a generous pension scheme.
I do indeed have my own rifle/machinegun (to 300m) and pistol/SMG/Carbine ranges. When I bought my 45 acres land was cheap out in the middle of nowhere where our farm is. Isolated is an understatement but the LHCO, our 10 dogs and I like it that way.

And do not come visiting unless you call first! ;-)

I do indeed have my own rifle/machinegun (to 300m) and pistol/SMG/Carbine ranges. When I bought my 45 acres land was cheap out in the middle of nowhere where our farm is. Isolated is an understatement but the LHCO, our 10 dogs and I like it that way.

And do not come visiting unless you call first! ;-)
I think you have just gone close to describing Heaven there

I'df only it was all paid for! I do agree we are quite spoiled--and I have a fantastic Kubota tractor with cool implements! And yes, I actually do play a banjo. ;-)

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
SNIP
SNIP

Let's not get too carried away. If I understand the man correctly, he does have a wife.

SNIP
And do not come visiting unless you call first!
SNIP

Sound advice in all cases, but most especially when visiting a jarhead who owns not only 10 hounds and a machine-gun range but also - utter, gibbering horror - plays a banjo.

I assume they're some sort of hardware stores then? Do you get cheap bus fares and discount rego on your car?
Where I am no discount on car registration or insurance and I live about 25 miles from the closest bus or tram route.
Dunkin Donuts is 10% but I prefer the bakery run by a French couple in the village who make fresh croissants, brioche etc every day.

Veterans get discounted plates. Those who earned the Medal of Honor (2 surviving in my state) and former POW's get free registrations. Those with Medal of Honor get distinctive plates. They do not confer any special privileges but as many cops are veterans I suspect they do get an occasional break on speeding or parking tickets.