A Bit of Advice....

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Pippa, Dec 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of advice needed here... do long distance relationships work? Met (nice) guy who is in army... based miles from where I am... Would it work?! Not totally naive, just looking for some advice... :?

2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It may work if you threaten to nail his bollocks to a table if he cheats on you

3. J_D

J_D LE

Are you both ready for a long distance relationship?

Its up to the two of you. If your happy and this fella is, then why not?

Personally I've had a long distance relationship, ok 2 yrs down the line we split but I was always away on deployment and he was based in Germany.

Depends on each person :wink:

Keep a sharp object by your bed at night when he stays, gently inform him how you would slowly saw through his c*ck if he dips it any where but in you!

4. Ooooh... do those threats have an effect?!! Often thought they were taken on board until my back was turned then used on a "what she doesn't know won't hurt her" basis?!!!! :D

5. In fact, cut his balls off. Then he can't.

Nah - seriously. LDR's can be great, just as long as there's a lot of trust, understanding and respect. You haven't given us a lot to go on if you're wanting advice. The success of an LDR is very dependent upon the type of person you are as well as personal situations. I wish you well anyhow.

6. Thanks Anya... makes sense :wink:

7. if hes an ugly swine then your OK. If hes a player then accept he will be getting a bit done while hes away. The other side of the coin is you can get your notches up and experience. Blokes only F**k birds of who are Crap in the scratcher. So theres benefits all round. new tricks everytime you meet up.

8. Of course It'll work. As he's based miles away he can carry on having numerous affairs and one night stands without been rumbled. As for you, you can sit in every night watching Coronation Street, whilst gorging on family sized bars of Whole Nut, waiting for him to return on a weekend where he'll administer you a lacklustre nailing and ejaculate in your hair.

See? Everything is rosy. Merry xmas.

9. its all down to trust, but it can work.

Hope it goes well

10. He's not really an "ugly swine".... so how do I know whether he's a player then?!! I'm a civvy, but also an army daughter, so know oughly what I would be letting myself in for... ish?!!! :?

11. Good point Door_Bundle... however am much to busy for Corrie!!! That a "typical" army/civvy relationship then?!!

12. Your joking arn't you "would it work " only if its an open relationship then it might

What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over and dont ask if you don't really want know the answer ...its sound advice you know it

13. It's only "typical" if you're a munter.

14. J_D

J_D LE

Remind me never to ask Door_Bundle for advice unless its writing a "Dear John"

15. Door_Bundle... Don't consider Agony Auntie related jobs eh?!! Opinons vary on my appearance... but never been described as a munter?!!! Not yet anyway!!

Anya... do you think he's had a few himself?!!