A bit of a glut

I seem to have a glut of parsnips and Jerusalem artichokes and am running out of ideas, so anybody got any ideas in how I can use them up?

L

lumpy2

I'm guessing you've already made plenty of soup. Have you tried making crisps with them?

(Disclaimer: I don't know much about jerusalem artichokes but I know you can do it with parsnips)

I'm guessing you've already made plenty of soup. Have you tried making crisps with them?

(Disclaimer: I don't know much about jerusalem artichokes but I know you can do it with parsnips)
Parsnip crisps now there is an idea, the Jerusalem artichokes can be used as a tattie substitute, so have done mash, roasts, chips (very nice), mash, soups.

Not a fan of artichokes, but the other suggestions (Crisps, chips, soup) seem great.

If all else fails could you donate some of your crop to a local food bank or homeless shelter?:thumright:

Doesn't food just make you think that the whole world was just designed for you?

So many flavours, from so many sources. Practically everything is food. Such endless possibilities.

L

lumpy2

Doesn't food just make you think that the whole world was just designed for you?

So many flavours, from so many sources. Practically everything is food. Such endless possibilities.
You've been on the whacky baccy again, haven't you?

You've been on the whacky baccy again, haven't you?

I swear not gov. For a moment I got caught up in a fleeting wonder of the fact that we can create and eat so many different tasting things.

It just seemed really awesome and special for a moment or two. Cayenne pepper, paprika, red onion, chillis, oregano, steak, peppercorns, apple pie, rhubarb and custard, all the cheeses, breaded haddock. Such limitless choice.

OK, OK, I'm dibbing the spliff now...

Just nuke a few of the bigger artichokes in the microwave for a few minutes, not too long otherwise you have a microwave full of glue. Then slice and serve with butter and grated strong cheese - enjoy

Beware if you are unuse to this vegetable as you will be trumpeting like a marching band of squadies.

F**k...artichokes, my neighbour had 'tons'...get a Pig..!!
Like he said, get a small pig, feed it all the parsnips and artichokes and voila you'll soon have a very delicious large pig.

It's all parsnips are good for