A Beagle Basset?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by EX_STAB, Oct 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did I really just see one of these fly over in Derbyshire or have I lost the plot?

Are they still in service?
  2. It's just gone over again. Got a better look this time. Wasn't a Basset!

Must have been this:

King Air B200

3. QinetiQ have one still flying, tight gits won't splash for anything modern.
  4. That looks like the plane that would regularly fly along side the M5 early evening past Taunton going southwest towards Exeter. Always flew pretty low.
  5. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

6. The RAF have them, there was a few at RAF Cranwell about 2 years ago when I stayed on base, might have just been passing through though, but the Air Cadets on camp had a go on them :D
  7. A few years ago there was a Basset on the private register. I think it was based at Compton Abbas. Both unverified.

3 weeks ago King Air type thing doing some fairly exotic things around Cranwell and 1 in the radar pattern at DSA (formerly Finningley), onto the ILS behind go around. IRT work?
  8. There was a Basset parked at Avionicare, and avionics firm at Southend airport in the Summer. It did not look entirely decrepit. Also I seem to recall that the one that Prince Charles did his multi traning in was up for sale a few months back.
  9. Sure it wasn't a Beechcraft Baron 58?

Attached Files: