A basic question

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by serve_to_lead2011, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this is a very basic question, but I don't understand...

Why, when the Army is shedding 20k worth of staff and personal, is recruitment (both for Officers and Soldiers) seemingly continuing without much interuption?

I understand that some people, you know, die in the line of duty, but this seems to be very few as compared to the rate of recruiting. I'm also NOT trying to start a fight about "is Sandhurst harder to get into" etc, it's just to my simple mind, when a company is shedding jobs, they tend to pretty much halt all recruitment. Why is this not the case with the Army?

Cheers, I'm aware this is a pretty mong question...but I don't get it.

2. **** off you spastic

• Like Like x 2
  3. If you knew anything about training an Army you'd know why this is. Since you don't, I think you're a (poor) journalist and claim my £5.

4. That's not very PC, you have to pity someone when they are talking Bollox.

5. Genius comment! You, sir, are quite the linguist.

6. Can you repeat the question?

7. Fresh meat, my luvvvver, fresh meat.

8. 123

123 LE

Because it is an ongoing stream. Personnel have to promote up the ranks and when they have reached their retirement they leave. If recruitment was stopped, then it would create imbalances as those lower ranking officers promote upwards without replacement, compromising the whole structures foundations.

• Like Like x 1
  9. He knows all this as he has desperately tried to find a way around the fact that the armed forces told him to **** off everytime he has been in the recruitment office.

Something to do with no ritalin addicted mongs being allowed in.

10. 123

123 LE

Well, I can't speak for the OP's drug habits or character (though he does allow for the possibility by stating that he knows it may be a Mong question) but if he knew all that, he wouldn't be asking. What's more, it wouldn't explain why he was told to **** off at all, it would likely just confound his confusion.

11. I was refering to you.

Just in case you hadn't realised.

That pesky severe aspergers tripping you up again.

12. 123

123 LE

I knew you were.

Ha! Got you!

13. Thank you 123. To everyone else: I am only 17 but still probably a disgrace to humanity....

14. So you are serving then?

15. Not yet, hope to be in 5 years though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.