A-10 American Shotgun by CSMC

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Ravers, Mar 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Anyone ever seen one of these?

The guys at work have just discovered them and seem to be getting quite excited.

It looks like a Beretta S05 copy, but a Deluxe model, nicely engraved with game scenes and exhibition grade wood comes in at less than $5,000 US compared to around £20,000 GBP for the Beretta.

I couldn't even get the raw materials to make a gun like this for this price.

Surely there must be a catch? And if there isn't, I want one.
  2. Safety catch?

3. Looks to be a very well executed piece....
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've just chatted to my Chairman and word in the trade is that all their factory staff are good blokes, many trained in East Germany. Apparently their guv'nor just bought 700 stock blanks at the IWA! I'm definitely going to watch these with interest.
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Machine engraving, CNC machined parts (not all that manual filing stuff you guys do), hand made = hand assembled in the US.
    I am sure you can see the wood to metal fit looks iffy with better eyes than mine......

Compare to Fabarm or Perazzi with bling IMO. Which is not automatically a bad thing.

Beautiful wood (at least in the advert), they say its American Black Walnut which is superior to the rest of the worlds and cheaper ...... why is this revelation hitting the world now?

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch....
  6. maybe they missed a zero off the price?
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Wouldn't it be nice for the Americans to kick the hubris-filled European firms with their £20k plus shotguns in the pants with equal quality products for 10% of the price?

Highly unlikely, but never mind. One lives in hope.
  8. The safety catch or the gun? :D

I suspect the safety ist just aft of the unlocking lever. Not that shotgun safeties are worth the paper they are written on.