Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

Managed an hour on the engine this morning and the plane is just about ready for a coat of dull aluminium all over.

E1DCAAD7-0750-4629-821C-979B14FCA1FC.jpeg

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Careful, Die Modelkommando will be on to you for deviation.
Only if people insist on breaking forum rules. The "badger" quote was in context, whereas your efforts elsewhere have not been. Let us keep it friendly and informal please.

One of the benefits of conference calls all day at home is you can do your engine with the video switched off
C22DEB31-CDFF-4F58-8F82-2773E9969B01.jpeg

9BCD450C-503B-407D-B9FE-D419A85B5C85.jpeg

few more bits to do on it then it’s ready for wiring up.

Got a bit done this after

4ACFDA16-8EF7-428F-9DAB-1FCD25ED6945.jpeg

same debate as the last one. Do I expose it or do I cover it up? (Fnar)
B417B450-9D0D-4F91-9810-B11BE0B4DDBB.jpeg

Top prop is the AMS resin one. You can see the problem with the Trumpeter prop blades that come with the kit.

799C210F-42FF-4D56-90EE-BED1EF23DCD9.jpeg

and covered up

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Got a bit done this after

View attachment 503443
same debate as the last one. Do I expose it or do I cover it up? (Fnar)
View attachment 503445
Top prop is the AMS resin one. You can see the problem with the Trumpeter prop blades that come with the kit.

View attachment 503446
and covered up
Dilemma. Covering it up offers a contrast with the other (as does having the wings down). On the other hand, all that detail lost... it pains me but let the other be the fully dirtied-up one and this one be more buttoned up.

Covered, ready for action.

Dilemma. Covering it up offers a contrast with the other (as does having the wings down). On the other hand, all that detail lost... it pains me but let the other be the fully dirtied-up one and this one be more buttoned up.

all that lovely detail gone and the behind the engine where I did all the plumbing.... no pilot either. Yet

I know. I'm really torn, believe me.

On the other hand, if you were making this one and this one only, would you display it open or closed?

Open with wings up, but this one is wings down and in reality ready for take off with the pilot in situ

Latest Threads