Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

You lot can’t see them but I know they are there. These are the big ones on the snag list. Should have them cracked tonight hopefully

9D900D21-1AE3-49D4-BCD0-BDC27DD2D026.jpeg

C6D7CC83-DEEE-4232-8FDB-8FF578B8E7FF.jpeg

and the big ones

F5F56D9D-5EE0-49B4-A729-D6F539CE95FD.jpeg

Off to do a weight set now

Fire4effect

Old-Salt
That is hugely impressive. I was a bit surprised about it being tooled up with the wings folded and the stresses that must have placed on the junctions but from the pics you posted it did happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is hugely impressive. I was a bit surprised about it being tooled up with the wings folded and the stresses that must have placed on the junctions but from the pics you posted it did happen.

It's a flying ordnance platform and one seriously bloody beefy bit of kit. It carried a greater payload than a B-17.

Glad you are enjoing the build by the way - nearly finished!!..

It's a flying ordnance platform and one seriously bloody beefy bit of kit. It carried a greater payload than a B-17.

Glad you are enjoing the build by the way - nearly finished!!..
Jesus, it's going to be like a bereavement not having this thread to look in on.

Eight months of our lives we put into this.

What will we do with ourselves now?

Jesus, it's going to be like a bereavement not having this thread to look in on.

Eight months of our lives we put into this.

What will we do with ourselves now?

well - there is the Korean War Spad to nail and the Cromwell and there is always the....... the........ the............ Wokka

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Still done today. Think about it: the wings and pylons are designed to take the ordnance weights times several g in flight. Loading them statically isn't an issue.

F599848E-E73C-4494-99EA-FCA1C62798C3.jpeg

I can now see why so many people do not expose the engine........

A1E07F77-7B56-46FE-B9F7-793989859C7A.jpeg

it’s ready for a coat of Matt varnish now thank god....

aardvark64

War Hero
.... and the canopy?

Latest Threads