Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think we've probably all been in that situation for one reason or another. :(
Yes, The Leader of the Opposition (aka Mrs Smeg) just looks at me in that way and says "don't even think about it". It's like a cold shiver down the back or the first trickle of a wet fart down the leg. Terrifying!

I think we've probably all been in that situation for one reason or another. :(
MrsR does indeed have 'thav look'.
Very rarely, but ...
Last time was when I was at the supermarket, with JnrRid, 18 mths old, looking at the Lego Duplo stuff.
1593679341572.jpeg

Of course, it just happened to be next to

'no'.

Last edited:

daz

LE
ive got the 1/24 airfix Mossie to do at some point. It’s bloody mahoosive
I've got a 1 to 1 scale Mossie...its bloody small

maxresdefault.jpg

Back to the Spad.

I’m now pretty much stuck on the plane as I need the replacement decals. So it’s time for ordnance and drop tanks.

283380C9-EB38-4457-BAAD-1A8B86271B1A.jpeg

once the decals are on, I’ll apply some nice pink paint to break it up a bit. Not in a massive rush to tackle the ordnance for some reason

decals on the drop tanks now
AC41E1F3-EDA1-4059-8848-A72157FC90F0.jpeg

Last edited:
So the decal saga continues

0223824A-A972-4234-9E23-50ACFE960B58.jpeg

trumpeter are renowned for producing shit decals. I picked up another set and the decals wouldn’t detach from the backing paper so I ended up with this. Fixable but a pain in the burm.

the stars and bars with the replacement decal set were also duff so I’m left with this pointing the wrong way - my fault.

03D11CD4-D6E2-4688-8D48-A43ADFCC1847.jpeg

so I’m having one last shot at this. I’ve ordered F14 stars and bars which will hopefully be the same size as these. If not, I’ll have to correct it with spray painting a new star in the centre of the decal. The NAVY problem is easily fixed.

now moving on properly to ordnance until the new decal sheet lands.

not having much luck with this at the moment...

If not, I’ll have to correct it with spray painting a new star in the centre of the decal.
Just say it was like that on the original, who's to know? I wouldn't mind betting it's happened in the real USN at least once. We had a Gazelle flying around the Falklands with a fackoff big NAVY in black under its fuselage for the whole of my tour down there.

Just say it was like that on the original, who's to know? I wouldn't mind betting it's happened in the real USN at least once. We had a Gazelle flying around the Falklands with a fackoff big NAVY in black under its fuselage for the whole of my tour down there.
It's the OCD. I'll have to sort it I'm afraid....

Chef

LE

View attachment 487910
trumpeter are renowned for producing shit decals. I picked up another set and the decals wouldn’t detach from the backing paper so I ended up with this. Fixable but a pain in the burm.

the stars and bars with the replacement decal set were also duff so I’m left with this pointing the wrong way - my fault.

View attachment 487911
so I’m having one last shot at this. I’ve ordered F14 stars and bars which will hopefully be the same size as these. If not, I’ll have to correct it with spray painting a new star in the centre of the decal. The NAVY problem is easily fixed.

now moving on properly to ordnance until the new decal sheet lands.

not having much luck with this at the moment...
That is an excellent model.

Is this the wrong time to point out they've spelt 'Independence' wrong?

NSP

LE
I wanna see it bombed up with the porcelain! :mrgreen:

Well, not the same. Nearly the same, but not quite the same. Actually, more very nearly but not wholly.
Mostly, and nearly, probably, but not quite.

Latest Threads