Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

I'll do both and see what it looks like. The red ones will be heavily weathered so there will a lot of wear - pink paint in point of fact.....
I was actually thinking along those lines, I’ve got a red van which in the last two years is turning on top a delightful shade of pink. My vans been lacquered, those fuel tank wouldn’t have been very red very long in that region very long.

daz

LE
1 to 1 scale red weathering :)
_DSC6427os.jpg

I was actually thinking along those lines, I’ve got a red van which in the last two years is turning on top a delightful shade of pink. My vans been lacquered, those fuel tank wouldn’t have been very red very long in that region very long.
Ferrari/Alfa/Fiat red fades slower than other automotive reds.
Eyeties refuse to share their secret with the rest of the world, though.

A restored one of those came hammering past me on the back lanes a couple of years ago. Good-looking car, and still sprightly in the right hands, as that example’s owner was demonstrating, to my delight.
saffer built ones were terrible. Assembled from bits, including pressed body panels, shipped in, so on top of the known rust issues, also had a few weeks sea air to contend with.
Literally rusted in the showroom!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
saffer built ones were terrible. Assembled from bits, including pressed body panels, shipped in, so on top of the known rust issues, also had a few weeks sea air to contend with.
Literally rusted in the showroom!
I used to have a second job delivering cars for Kennings. They were running a fleet of early Puntos at the time. Horrible things from the renters' point of view as the body panels would dent and crumple just from being looked at... hello surcharges.

Thank God build and materials quality has moved on*. SWMBO has a Panda on a 2010 plate and it's been a sparkling little car.

*Mind you, they had to.

I used to have a second job delivering cars for Kennings. They were running a fleet of early Puntos at the time. Horrible things from the renters' point of view as the body panels would dent and crumple just from being looked at... hello surcharges.

Thank God build and materials quality has moved on*. SWMBO has a Panda on a 2010 plate and it's been a sparkling little car.

*Mind you, they had to.
Problem is - ask Rover/ triumph/most BL marques- it takes generations to convince folk the brand is now good.
Fix it again, toni!

Ferrari/Alfa/Fiat red fades slower than other automotive reds.
Eyeties refuse to share their secret with the rest of the world, though.
Is it because they are at the forefront of material science technology or because they spend so much time parked in garages, under covers or up on ramps in repair shops?

Nearly ground to a halt until my replacement decals turn up.....

D85ACD54-86CF-4962-ADD0-7C28FD6AFD5D.jpeg

76173EB6-5745-4081-9E8D-BDFEC31AC621.jpeg

both wings finished

BECF64AA-09E1-4249-9529-4F6E467708B0.jpeg

so I’m running with the weathered Christmas tanks I reckon having mulled it over

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Always amazed me how much it could carry, over what range, compared to a B-17.
And they were only a few years apart, relatively speaking.
I read something a few years back that compared the even the early F-16 and B-17.

By the time the B-17 had completed a mission over Nazi Germany, an F-16 could have been back and forward five times carrying the same payload. The difference being that the accuracy of the F-16's aiming systems would have made multiple trips unnecessary - remember that 1,000-bomber raids weren't done for show but because that's what we needed to do to guarantee that a target would be hit.