Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

daz

LE
Managed to get the other side of the tail finished last night, but had a disaster with another decal from the ZM decal set. They are really fragile - that’s my excuse anyway. Had to order a second set which won’t me here for up to 2 weeks as they are coming from the Fatherland. Can’t get them in the U.K. again.

View attachment 486041
so that’s 5 decals bollocked up so far, three of which I can sort. Decals can be rock hard. Just saying......
Are you not tempted to paint the markings instead, given the issues with the decals?

Are you not tempted to paint the markings instead, given the issues with the decals?
I can probably fill in the stars and bars and repaint the star to sort that problem.

USS Independence is knackered and that’s too big to paint so I’ve had to order another decal set. The other problem is this

C982A3A8-4140-4866-B6CC-1ABB4923D2DC.jpeg

I need to re-do NAVY.

plan B if the starts and bars repaint doesn’t work is to order another Spad and use the decals for the Navy plane and do a USAF plane with the kit to complete the set!

@Simmerit - just so you know, in the spirit of solidarity I've done some swearing for you as I'm sure you weren't able to do enough on your own.
thats very kind of you and most appreciated. I did a lot of swearing on WhatApps last night with a good mate which cheered me up no end....

daz

LE
I can probably fill in the stars and bars and repaint the star to sort that problem.

USS Independence is knackered and that’s too big to paint so I’ve had to order another decal set. The other problem is this

View attachment 486047
I need to re-do NAVY.

plan B if the starts and bars repaint doesn’t work is to order another Spad and use the decals for the Navy plane and do a USAF plane with the kit to complete the set!
One word...bummer :(

4F1FFCE5-35B4-4FC0-A3F0-481FFA1B6669.jpeg
Managed to get some time in when on conference calls - the benefits of Covid19
F2EBDE3B-9EF2-4EFA-B46A-DE1957851A66.jpeg

Very little to do by way of decals on the plane now apart from fixing a couple of the minor disasters. Big debate now is the drop tanks. White or red?
B74D9744-4B94-4863-ADBE-060C3253CEAB.jpeg

I think I’m going to order another Spad and do the USAF scheme as well.......

The red tanks add colour but I’m not sure if they add anything, if you see what I mean.
Well they are gen if that helps. Skyraiders did fly with them in Vietnam, so I suppose it adds legitimacy to the build. I was debating pulling a set out of the Korean Spad kit and knocking them out in white and seeing how they compare

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Well they are gen if that helps. Skyraiders did fly with them in Vietnam, so I suppose it adds legitimacy to the build. I was debating pulling a set out of the Korean Spad kit and knocking them out in white and seeing how they compare
I saw your earlier post, so I get that. Plus, I know what a stickler you are. I suppose the question is: does the model really need them? Let’s have a look at the white ones.

White. The red ones are just a block of colour whereas the black decals on the white ones add a bit of contrast and interest.

I saw your earlier post, so I get that. Plus, I know what a stickler you are. I suppose the question is: does the model really need them? Let’s have a look at the white ones.
White. The red ones are just a block of colour whereas the black decals on the white ones add a bit of contrast and interest.
I'll do both and see what it looks like. The red ones will be heavily weathered so there will a lot of wear - pink paint in point of fact.....

I’ve given up all idea of work this afternoon....

B92E6FF0-92BE-47E0-86B2-E3155AF3C95B.jpeg

Wow, just wow
its an amazing kit to build. You can pick em up for 40-50 sheets if you keep your eyes peeled.

anyway. Cracking on a bit. Got to take the hound out in a bit
13459E81-F74C-4C78-9B7A-D39EBF088E4E.jpeg

white ones under way. I won’t need these for the Korean bird (I don’t think....). But to do to get them ready to paint. And
41A7E7D5-4E2E-4BA0-A467-4116A6172DCF.jpeg

this will be an utter b@stard to fit I reckon

Latest Threads