Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

daz

LE
Getting ready to start putting the panels around the engine now :(

E1D09883-8194-416C-98B2-14B9790B48B5.jpeg

83B8DCBE-FC44-4397-BF6D-4D21F7CA9FF2.jpeg

B3F55538-3292-43FD-AC4F-E26F56161A38.jpeg

68361314-67C9-4F8F-9F2D-A63FD70CF7FA.jpeg

I genuflect in your general direction, that engine is a thing of beauty. The Pilot is a bit 'armless though...
Its good practice for getting back on the Wokka!! Ta for the comment by the way. Wokka soon!!

Indeed. That donk should fire up!

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Indeed. That donk should fire up!
Absolutely, it is the standard I aspire to but usually end up with a collection of over-painted bits with glue, snot and tears dripping off it. My results usually end up in the bin.

It’s amazing how clean she looks given all the shading underneath.

Not a criticism, BTW; It just shows how unrealistic it could have looked if you hadn’t done it.
theres a long way to go on it yet. All the panel lines will get picked out before it’s aged. I’ve done bugger all on the Korean one yet as well, and I’ve ordered a ZM Spad........

Absolutely, it is the standard I aspire to but usually end up with a collection of over-painted bits with glue, snot and tears dripping off it. My results usually end up in the bin.
you turn out some cracking stuff mate. Must say I’m pleased with the engine. I wasn’t going to bother as well but it’s been worth the effort. Exhausts have turned out OK as well

@Simmerit how many passes of the pre shading have you done on the Spad in the picture?
Sorry - missed this question. Its base coated in Halfords grey primer. I did one coat of the black lines to pick out all the panels then one coat of white which is in random patterns, and light coated so you can see the grey in a mottled effect underneath it.

You fine coat the final paint on top of that - be careful not to overdo it or you end up with a single block colour and lose all the pre-shading

you turn out some cracking stuff mate. Must say I’m pleased with the engine. I wasn’t going to bother as well but it’s been worth the effort. Exhausts have turned out OK as well
You’ve not specified what way round your doing the two Spads, you had said one would tooled up ready to go and the other wings up and being serviced. I really hope you don’t cover that engine up!!!

You’ve not specified what way round your doing the three Spads, you had said one would tooled up ready to go and the other wings up and being serviced. I really hope you don’t cover that engine up!!!
Minor correction. 'Nam Spad is engine exposed. I've done a shit load on the Navy Spad engine bay also so I think I'm going to leave the engine exposed on that. That ZM Spad arrives in August. I could get another Trumpeter Spad and have it tooled up, but that would be four Spads, which is a lot of fcuking Spads.

I have to say I do like Spads. As the septics would say, they are super awesome....