Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

Dibs on the wocka if you decide to give it away when finished!!

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
hahahahahahaha (as they say). Not a chance!!

I was going to do the Mert for Headley Court but I think it’s relocating up to Notts somewhere. I honestly don’t know what I’ll do with the Wokka plus payload when the Pinz and 105 are done to go with it. That said. It will get finished this year. I’m on it after the Spads and Cromwell, which I’m making good progress on.

Wokka and A-10 parallel build next!!

so

E580BE36-3962-4558-8B31-E0055BB2821A.jpeg

as I’ve had the floor wax out, I’ve varnished these with gloss wax also, ready for weathering. Calling it a draw for the night now as I’ve thoroughly pissed mrs simmerit off and I need to go suck up to her or my life will be shite. Did actually get the crew of the Cromwell built whilst sitting on a conference call today!!

I have to say this thread is a very welcome relief from the everyday goings on elsewhere. I'm almost inspired to try something like that myself although I'm not sure it would go down well with OC Domestic. She keeps nagging me to do something with my two railway layouts.
we switched the news on at the crack of yesterday and it was media bile about Cummings. Switch channel. Same. Switched channel. Same. Mrs say let’s watch France24 and guess what? Yup. Cummings. Couldn’t believe it.

sick to death of the bile from the media and self declared establishment. None of them make any material difference to my life so fcuk em. I’ll happily entertain myself modelling and enjoy the crack on these threads. I really have had a belly full of the b0ll0cks

hahahahahahaha (as they say). Not a chance!!

I was going to do the Mert for Headley Court but I think it’s relocating up to Notts somewhere. I honestly don’t know what I’ll do with the Wokka plus payload when the Pinz and 105 are done to go with it. That said. It will get finished this year. I’m on it after the Spads and Cromwell, which I’m making good progress on.

Wokka and A-10 parallel build next!!

so

View attachment 476828
as I’ve had the floor wax out, I’ve varnished these with gloss wax also, ready for weathering. Calling it a draw for the night now as I’ve thoroughly pissed mrs simmerit off and I need to go suck up to her or my life will be shite. Did actually get the crew of the Cromwell built whilst sitting on a conference call today!!
No sign of the decals on the dodgy Spit yet?

have you not seen the masterpiece yet?
Outstanding! I love it. I know everyone here is a bit sniffy about your masterpiece (tongue in cheek I know) but I think it looks great.

I used to do a bit of modelling with my young lad (I think he mostly did it just to please me) and given that we're out in the back of beyond, the standard of kit we got would have made your Starfix look like RJ Mitchell's personal prototype. The only paint we had access to was bought in the local stationery supplier and came in the range of grey, brown, black, white, dark blue, light blue, dark red etc. so our standards of accuracy and realism would give most posters here the screaming abdabs but we always had great fun (well I did and it kept him off his phone), so if your splendid efforts on the Spit inspire others to take the hobby up, even if on cheap and nasty sets, what the hell? It's good clean fun and keeps you off the booze for an hour or two.

I myself will get on the interwebs now and see if I can lay my hands on some cheap sets and bore my lad once more.

daz

LE
Outstanding! I love it. I know everyone here is a bit sniffy about your masterpiece (tongue in cheek I know) but I think it looks great.

I used to do a bit of modelling with my young lad (I think he mostly did it just to please me) and given that we're out in the back of beyond, the standard of kit we got would have made your Starfix look like RJ Mitchell's personal prototype. The only paint we had access to was bought in the local stationery supplier and came in the range of grey, brown, black, white, dark blue, light blue, dark red etc. so our standards of accuracy and realism would give most posters here the screaming abdabs but we always had great fun (well I did and it kept him off his phone), so if your splendid efforts on the Spit inspire others to take the hobby up, even if on cheap and nasty sets, what the hell? It's good clean fun and keeps you off the booze for an hour or two.

I myself will get on the interwebs now and see if I can lay my hands on some cheap sets and bore my lad once more.
The rest of Si's gaff ;)

beer_top.jpg

So a fcuking early start due to two phone calls from her mother at 0205 and 0315hrs so can’t get back to sleep.

Pre-shading

1AEBDA02-8E32-4145-AB71-4F0613A1AE80.jpeg

You should be able to pick out the black under the white and the panel lines are picked out.

Last edited:
And the liquid mask applied to the nuts on the prop blade housing and some bits to pick out very slight wear

CE28418B-3B06-4389-A37B-708FA30404ED.jpeg

Cracked on a bit as I’ve got some time. This is work in progress and gives you an idea of what pre shading does and looks like. As I say, I’m not normally massively keen on it but the problem with a plane this size is it’s just a sea of colour so it and the the panels need breaking up. The other thing to know is know when to stop. Always better putting too little on then going back rather than coating it in paint and think ‘fcuk’ having lost all of the pre-shading by over spraying.

Anyway - here it is so far

B4C3DFD7-07D4-4E63-9474-3EC5C27B223E.jpeg

you do em a panel at a time basically

270C4B46-90EF-4DB0-A7A8-36BBB3C9C247.jpeg

5CBB7923-F5C5-43FC-811C-6DE21FD1B800.jpeg

60A7D301-7B2A-4312-BB2D-8975D1503117.jpeg

E8522DF5-E41A-41ED-97B4-BC0CBCB4F8AE.jpeg

time for a brew

Ready for the white undersurfaces now

5A701A98-441D-48C5-BB94-CB735D047AD9.jpeg

Not managed to do anything for a few days but finally got some messy masking done and made a start on the underside

75A99AF5-CA84-47E6-AA8E-F68C8CE28B4B.jpeg

had to call it a draw as the light is non existent and it’s too easy to fcuk it up without natural light.

daz

LE
Not managed to do anything for a few days but finally got some messy masking done and made a start on the underside

View attachment 479217
had to call it a draw as the light is non existent and it’s too easy to fcuk it up without natural light.
I could **** that up even with natural light :) cracking job

I could **** that up even with natural light :) cracking job
early start so cracked on a bit.

FD838DB4-B83D-4B35-BFFC-02FB39706736.jpeg

that is one serious expanse of white.
D41D5511-9600-4EF1-AF0A-76B58808CAC8.jpeg

I’ll be onto the black section in front of the canopy next. Then tidy up the white and see what damage has been done to the engine

Just peeled the engine masking off and it’s OK. Bit to sort on the exhaust tips but it’s fine thank fcuk

6EC7531D-E696-459E-939E-3D7E0697B58F.jpeg

28D9F372-86D6-4519-A635-CC24E85B7295.jpeg

941292CC-138C-4F84-9F2D-635984B26347.jpeg

740A63FE-0B20-4BE0-8FD3-D5C1770E2424.jpeg

Spads are ace. What a plane