Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

Yeh, he needs a bit of left pedal ;)
As my instructor used to shout (and I later took up the call...) BALANCE, YOU ****!

As my instructor used to shout (and I later took up the call...) BALANCE, YOU ****!
Like my first flight in a Lynx. Instructor says “Right Beefer, take your feet off the pedals. Now put on 30 degrees of left bank” The AFCS worked perfectly - holding the heading while we slid sideways across the sky.

I had a streaming cold at the time and the snot slid gracefully from my nose to my right ear.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Like my first flight in a Lynx. Instructor says “Right Beefer, take your feet off the pedals. Now put on 30 degrees of left bank” The AFCS worked perfectly - holding the heading while we slid sideways across the sky.

I had a streaming cold at the time and the snot slid gracefully from my nose to my right ear.
Fùck but that's beautiful.

My BRW instructor told me to report to him after the flight with both boots removed, so he could check they had the same weight of lead in them.

That's a cracking instrument panel. I can identify and read most of these.
It does look the dogs dangly bits
I have to say it pisses all over the eduard etch. I’m well impressed.

D8228B50-4C77-4E31-927A-BFCE1369F9FF.jpeg

I’ve just ran an Abteilung 502 grey wash over. When I get the glass in, it’s going to look stunning I think. I’m really impressed with the Aires stuff

Got the glass done on the console and these to dial covers. Hopefully the big one will be dry by this evening and I can make a start on assembling the cockpit!! Pilot in or pilot out is the big question.

F82CE249-B0D7-45E3-89F6-2F10998C6131.jpeg

AE4D3DD6-FE12-451E-8203-C348F31656C8.jpeg

Got the glass done on the console and these to dial covers. Hopefully the big one will be dry by this evening and I can make a start on assembling the cockpit!! Pilot in or pilot out is the big question.

View attachment 460033

View attachment 460034
There's a lot of work and detail in the cockpit - would having pilot in mask any of it and make a detail hotspot as opposed to pilot out leading the eye around?

I've been wanting to ask about canopy polishing. Doesn't it erase any moulded on detail? I have a Vector 1/48 resin Boston lll front cockpit and I'm very impressed. Viewing it through the canopy and the detail gets lost.

Polish inside and out? Just inside?

First time I tried it with toothpaste I couldn't spot a difference. Got a felt mop and found Dremel a bit too high a RPM, some green mop from Hannants somewhere but I'm worried of knackering the one canopy up.

I'm almost a little surprised there aren't PE canopies and formers available with thin, flat acrylic where applicable.
Been playing with PE recently and decided it's too smart for its own good for many parts.

Pilot out.

Military aircraft, even on ops, spend the vast majority of their time sans pilot.

daz

LE
There's a lot of work and detail in the cockpit - would having pilot in mask any of it and make a detail hotspot as opposed to pilot out leading the eye around?

I've been wanting to ask about canopy polishing. Doesn't it erase any moulded on detail? I have a Vector 1/48 resin Boston lll front cockpit and I'm very impressed. Viewing it through the canopy and the detail gets lost.

Polish inside and out? Just inside?

First time I tried it with toothpaste I couldn't spot a difference. Got a felt mop and found Dremel a bit too high a RPM, some green mop from Hannants somewhere but I'm worried of knackering the one canopy up.

I'm almost a little surprised there aren't PE canopies and formers available with thin, flat acrylic where applicable.
Been playing with PE recently and decided it's too smart for its own good for many parts.
There has been in the past various attempts for PE canopies, mainly as cladding, such as this set for a 1/32 scale BF109

rbp32004a_1024x1024.jpg

rbp32004d_1024x1024.jpg

We got an email from Delta telling us the flight was cancelled on the Saturday night, having just found out the resort was closed and would not be reopening. The email said they would make contact and let us know new flight details and not to bother contacting them outside of 72 hours before we were due to go. With the whole resort closing down, we had to get out quick. We gave up on Delta after being on hold for two hours and tried Virgin (Delta partner) and after 2.5 hours got through. They were brilliant. Welsh lass sorted us out.

Denver airport was surprisingly busy - 30% maybe. When we got to Atlanta which is a major international hub, it was empty, and I mean empty. Apart from people at the gates (hand fulls of people as you walked by) it was like the Marie Celeste. 90%+ flights cancelled.

I cant believe we made it as we were expecting the US to pull all domestic flights at any point which means we couldn't get to an international airport. They aren't scared - just really measured about the whole situation.

Comms in the US are excellent and Trump is doing the right thing. He's come in for a lot of stick over the virus and how he's reacted but the economic actions he is taking put the UK to shame on all fronts (I'm sad to say). That said - they are a massive economy and the sheer economic might of the place is jaw dropping. Lots of whinging from democrat politicians and governors but you cant fault the current administration IMHO on economic measures. US Healthcare in US Healthcare..... It's likely the engineers are going to be putting up hospitals in New York and Seattle. A few states had mobilised the National Guard.

Quite a few US shops in cities were reporting shelves being cleared. So you cant get bog roll, pasta, beans, frozen veg, tinned veg and tinned meats - like rocking horse shit. The funniest item that you cant obtain as they are sold out is?................................................................................. ammunition!!!!! Yup. Ammo. I was absolutely pissing myself, particularly as a number of outlets only sell it in 100,000 round orders!!!!!!! My FAC gives me 500 x .308!!!

Flight back to UK was spot on, but Virgin are cutting aircraft in the air from 43 to 11, so the aircrew on our flight informed us they were returning home to 8 weeks unpaid leave. They did wonder if 'Richards would sell his island to help pay staff.......'

Virgin team were absolutely brilliant in every respect, from call centre staff to the aircrew. Absolutely brilliant.

Branson is a tw@t
At least Trump makes the trains run on time...:roll:

Opportunity to "naturally" leave the canopy open to not obscure the interior detail then, too...
Assembly started. That’s the detail. I’ve got two more dials to put in at the base of the instrument panel and the side and back to put on and that’s it. Then it’s harness in and seat and I’m ready to get it into the fuselage. I expect I’ll be there on Sunday.

AAD3B0FF-BB02-41CF-BEEE-85EF627A9C40.jpeg

C898012D-0E69-472C-9476-CA393A5F8AA3.jpeg

Latest Threads