Builds A-1 AD-6 Douglas Skyraider in 1/32nd scale

what colour are the ammo boxes in the wings?
Page 148 of the Corsair book says:
"Two of the wing mounted ammunition tanks also had a very similar* (almost new) sprayed olive green paint finish under the blue top coat"

*Refers to the the dark blue finish applied over the temperate finish of the outer surfaces of the aircraft.

I would have thought that this base colour and method still applied for the Skyraider.

Page 148 of the Corsair book says:
"Two of the wing mounted ammunition tanks also had a very similar* (almost new) sprayed olive green paint finish under the blue top coat"

*Refers to the the dark blue finish applied over the temperate finish of the outer surfaces of the aircraft.

I would have thought that this base colour and method still applied for the Skyraider.
yep me too - I've gone for green already

well fcuk my old boots

FLEXIBLE LINK EJECTION CHUTE 20MM CANNON MINI GUN SKYRAIDER

flexible-link-ejection-chute-20mm_1_f9fc69bcb17c1fc9559e8f86913988b8 (1).jpg

flexible-link-ejection-chute-20mm_1_f9fc69bcb17c1fc9559e8f86913988b8 (2).jpg

flexible-link-ejection-chute-20mm_1_f9fc69bcb17c1fc9559e8f86913988b8 (3).jpg

flexible-link-ejection-chute-20mm_1_f9fc69bcb17c1fc9559e8f86913988b8.jpg

it's not a canvas belt. Its a flexible link ejection chute.

Bugger all info on the skyraider when compared to WW2 planes. It’s the silly things that matter like what colour are the ammo boxes in the wings?

View attachment 450509
so this is an educated guess.

View attachment 450510
New seat turned up. This is made by quick boost who also did the pilot figures
The Works are having a sale at the moment - I got the Haynes Skyraider manual for £5, might be worth a look?

daz

LE
The Works are having a sale at the moment - I got the Haynes Skyraider manual for £5, might be worth a look?
Not for what he's looking for, its not in there

daz

LE
It was. I checked my copy last night to see if it showed it, but alas not, hence looking for PDF's for @Simmerit
Good work @daz I'm amazed at the level of detailing possible on larger scale kits. @Simmerit , I'm hoping the M80G Khazi bomb will feature in the final build? There was a documentary I saw last month that showed the A1 that dropped the WC & told the story behind it - seemingly it came out of the squadron ready room...

offog

LE
Not sure if you already have this info.

Has it that the Skyraider use the T31 cannon and listed at the bottom are the ammo types. This is as list of what they looked like.

1582045233347.png

This one which is from Pinterest shows the electric feed and the link ejection shoot. From this angle I can't see at what point it leaves the wing. I would think that there should be a small hole to the right not too far from the case ejection slot.

offog

LE
Looking at your photo it is clear once you know what you are looking for.

16793871-116B-4AEA-BF95-42141E35B47B.jpeg

Latest Threads