9th of the 9th 69!

Discussion in 'RLC' started by rmgbem, Sep 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It was 39 years ago today that Mrs Gr*h*m's little boy got on the train to Brookwood to join Junior Leaders Battalion RAOC at Dettingen Barracks, Blackdown!

Any survivors from that intake out there?
  2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Blimey. Just before my parents got married and before I was even a twinkle in the old mans eye.

Well done rmgbem. ;)
  3. Obliged to you Melchers!
  4. My mum was contemplating going into labour.

Not the fat useless ****** of the political persuasion, the shouting, screaming and threatening to castrate my dad type.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

6. I heard the other day that rmgbem is still serving in the TA and is off on an op tour shortly!

What's your form Auld-Yin?!
  7. Auld-Yin

The clue is in the username :(
  8. So when did you join/leave/achieve etc.

Don't know this rmgbem chap but you can hardly make an unpunctuated mono-syllabic remark such as yours without being challenged! Come come sir, lets' be 'avin' you?!
  9. You have 20 years on me... you old git.

I was JLR 1989 intake - Azimghur Barracks, Colerne... and what a hive of bullying and persecution it was.

Oh no... that's right - it was character building and robust training!

Edited to say... Fair play to you going on tour - I am still in and actively avoid tours (largely because I am a coward), but they still seem to catch up with me.
  10. Auld-Yin

Yes I can!
  11. Auld - yin? "Grumpy old Git more like"- Buona giornata!
  12. My respect to you rmgbem.

You must have seen many changes.....not necessarily all for the better.

Good effort that man!
  13. I saw this topic yesterday and realised I have an anniversary today. 32 years to the day that Mrs Mac's barely pubescent young man arrived at Trg Regts RE, Southwood Camp, Cove! (76/13)
    Total respect to the joinees of today who are experiencing the 'baptism of fire' that I can now only wish for and envy. It's what we all joined for and the Cold War is hardly comparable. In saying that, surely you are missing out on the amount of Adventure Trg, safe tours abroad and other luxuries afforded by 'peace time'? Oh to be young again.