9th Company

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by DMSDAVE, Dec 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On Film 4 now,worth watching.

2. They landed at Bagram airforce base. [You can't help thinking that the afghans must see it as they've swapped one lot of invaders for another... just a different uniform.]

It's OK as a film... the way they train, bond, operate and interact with each other, makes you see that the Russians guys are just like our western versions

3. the way they train, bond, operate and interact with each other, makes you see that the Russians guys are just like our western versions[/quote]

And which army were you in :roll:

4. not a bad movie, have it on DVD, watch it when film has finished the Veterans of 9th company are on, bit similiar to band of brothers!

5. they quoted in the film! nobody has conquered afghanistan! nobody ever will!

6. Awww mate don't get so pessimistic, it's only the polititians that'll lose it, tossers that they are. :)

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I'm not sure that just because Russian conscripts failed, the entire country is unconquerable...

8. ANother couple of years and we'll have been there as long as the Russians were…

Is that 'victory' I see or another Afghan mirage?

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I need to dash off in a sec but is any country truly conquered? Was France conquered in 1940? Was it still conquered in 1943 when 100,000 Resistance fighters were causing havoc all over the place?

Define Conquered and you have a clearer vision. Do we mean subjugated people, or vanquished army? Or ? A bit of steerage from Number 10 wouldn't hurt here...

10. Good job we're not there to conquer then isn't it! :wink: