Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

999 stuff

• Thread starter Deleted 4482
  • Start date
My brother managed to pocket call* 999. In the middle of a section attack whilst he was at RMAS.

We had several of Hampshire’s finest Armed Coppers turn up at our front door. They thought it was mildly amusing, after we’d explained what we had presumed had happened. IIRC, my brother lost a weekend’s leave for the heinous crime of taking his phone on exercise!

*actually it was a top-flap call, but bye the bye.

What are the probability's of two armed responses being required, at the same time on the same day, in the same police area, its not America. but point taken.
You really are too stupid for words. At best, what verges on a hoax and diverts police resources to a non-priority call. If you had managed to convince a licensing unit that you had enough brain cells to be trusted with firearms, expect your licence to be revoked.

I say again - you really are too stupid for words.

What do you find is the best siren for cutting through traffic? The woowoowoowoowoo, or the weewaaweewaaweewaaweeewaa or the wooooooooooooooooo, woooooooooooooo, wooooooooo, wooooooooo?

I liked the horn that goes barppppp, barpppppp - that gets the ignorant fückers attention.
Our cars have the bull horn, doesn't half wake the dozy buggers up who can't see a 2 ton hi vis Disco in their rear view mirror. ;)

I saw an episode of Police Interceptors based in Cumbria, where Joe Public, Member of, Thick as Pigshit Variety, had brought in a tin containing a mortar bomb. All proceeded down the line, steady escalation of evacuation and running about as the perceived threat mounted up - having a BFO British Oxygen (or some other company that deals with bulk explodey gases, it's been a while since I've seen the episode) next to the police station was a bit of a bummer, considering their massive tanks of explodey gases couldn't be removed - and setting up an exclusion zone as per procedure - until the EOD guys got there in their big heavy wagon, and park it up. The EOD guys go into the police station, assess the situation to their usual professional standard (not piss-taking - yet. That comes soon enough and it's nothing to do with how well they performed their task) and find out that the mortar bomb is in fact a wooden training mock-up and things return to normal. Well, almost.

Remember the EOD guys' big heavy wagon? Guess where they parked it? On hard standing? Nope. On a car park?
Nope. On the road? MMnope.

On what looked like a football pitch? A grass football pitch, read as muddy field with some grass on top of it?

Yep.

Shifting an EOD guys' big heavy wagon when it's up to its oxters in a football pitch while a Landaner voice over artist is taking the Michael out of you isn't an easy job. No wonder that later repeats of the episode cut that bit out.
I was on one of those episodes when the M6 got flooded, I was up to my knees in flood water in lane 2!

Thanks for that.
It does strike me though of one of those scenarios where someone has seen a ‘word’ and thought “hey- we ought to use that and define an acronym for it”.

Its pretty much common sense but- each service also has their own service specific information requirements. If I were calling ambulance to an incident, I’d get to maybe point 2 or 3 before they were asking “are the casualties breathing and conscious, any bleeding?”

It is designed though as a template for large scale incidents requiring multi agency involvement.