"999" Katies Kitchen - The fourth emergency service.

There i was minding my own business around the Artillery Centre when i saw what i thought to have been the site of a pretty serious accident. An emergency vehicle with a lot of soldiers around it in a squaddie huddle closer inspection revealed that the infamous Katies Kitchen van has had an bizarre upgrade, complete with relective bands, maybe even sirens for the truely hungry.

So be warned if you see this monstrosity around Larkhill do not be alarmed, although catering is plastered on the side it is not a mobile cannibal but our own Katies.

For those non Gunners, Katies is Larkhill's version of Hohne's "Wolfgang".

Katies might have had a bizarre upgrade but she still sports a 127 (Dragon) Bty sticker pride of place....................god bless her at this time of mental hangovers

Yes the usual plastering of Battery logos seems to be back in fashion, although on this one they are not holding the thing together.

does she still fill her burco boiler up at the washdowns??...ewwwwwwww

Haven't been to Larkhill for some time, good to hear that Katie's still going strong! Sausage sandwich and a chickery coffee mmmmmmmmm!, Just what you need on a cold day at the gun park. Did anyone ever find out her real name? I'm sure it's not Katie?

I was on the Plain a few weeks ago and was peeved I didn't see Katie at all

Then I realised I'm a stab now and she don't do weekends

God, there's a blast from the past. In the AAC years ago at Netheravon, on the plain near larkhill. Used to stop off at katies kitchen when duty driver..... Great..!!!!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Reminds me of another legendary caterer to the starving masses. Dutchies down at CTCRM. Would never have made it through the AACC without his victualling support services.

i hope she has not changed her phone number with the upgrade, having her number can be a live saver when in the area and in need of a brew and butty.

Just finished on Radio 4, is the latest edition of 'The Untold'. It follows the enforced final days of Katie's Kitchen and the joint owners' (neither called Katie) travails with Sodexo and the military authorities.

The story of their struggle against authority is somewhat diminished by the fact that one of the owners is obviously quite happy that the business is coming to an end.

Very mildly interesting (mostly for those who served at Larkhill), but not improved by the presenter's (Grace Dent) customary sub-Ray Gosling I'm-bored-out-of-my-mind delivery, peppered liberally with streetwise glottal stops.

Probably available on 'Listen Again' for those interested and who missed it.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Just finished on Radio 4, is the latest edition of 'The Untold'. It follows the enforced final days of Katie's Kitchen and the joint owners' (neither called Katie) travails with Sodexo and the military authorities.

The story of their struggle against authority is somewhat diminished by the fact that one of the owners is obviously quite happy that the business is coming to an end.

Very mildly interesting (mostly for those who served at Larkhill), but not improved by the presenter's (Grace Dent) customary sub-Ray Gosling I'm-bored-out-of-my-mind delivery, peppered liberally with streetwise glottal stops.

END OF KATIES KITCHEN
You may find that of interest

Also just had a drive and listened to the programme.

SOD hexo shown for who they are.