"999" Katies Kitchen - The fourth emergency service.

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by GunnersQuadrant, Nov 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

There i was minding my own business around the Artillery Centre when i saw what i thought to have been the site of a pretty serious accident. An emergency vehicle with a lot of soldiers around it in a squaddie huddle closer inspection revealed that the infamous Katies Kitchen van has had an bizarre upgrade, complete with relective bands, maybe even sirens for the truely hungry.

So be warned if you see this monstrosity around Larkhill do not be alarmed, although catering is plastered on the side it is not a mobile cannibal but our own Katies.

For those non Gunners, Katies is Larkhill's version of Hohne's "Wolfgang".

2. Katies might have had a bizarre upgrade but she still sports a 127 (Dragon) Bty sticker pride of place....................god bless her at this time of mental hangovers

3. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Yes the usual plastering of Battery logos seems to be back in fashion, although on this one they are not holding the thing together.

4. I wonder if she still has a tick book, I used to owe her the GDP of small country, at least ASPIRE still let her work

5. tick book is still up and running for the fortunate few!!

6. saved my life a few times with a hot choc while we were standing up the gun park

7. does she still fill her burco boiler up at the washdowns??...ewwwwwwww

8. an urban legend in her own lifetime :)

9. Jesus that reminds me i still owe her a fiver from about 7 years ago.

10. Haven't been to Larkhill for some time, good to hear that Katie's still going strong! Sausage sandwich and a chickery coffee mmmmmmmmm!, Just what you need on a cold day at the gun park. Did anyone ever find out her real name? I'm sure it's not Katie?

11. Just had bacon sausage and egg bap with cheese slice

In greasy heaven!!

Heart stopping

Vision dimming

Dieing happy

12. I was on the Plain a few weeks ago and was peeved I didn't see Katie at all

Then I realised I'm a stab now and she don't do weekends

13. God, there's a blast from the past. In the AAC years ago at Netheravon, on the plain near larkhill. Used to stop off at katies kitchen when duty driver..... Great..!!!!

14. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Reminds me of another legendary caterer to the starving masses. Dutchies down at CTCRM. Would never have made it through the AACC without his victualling support services.

15. God bless Katies Kitchen.

I have known peeps owe her over £100 a month in that old tick book.

Salad dodgers.LOL