99 Field Sqn (Air Support), 103 Engineer Regiment (Bedford)

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by McStab, Jul 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anyone on here a member of 99 Field Sqn in Bedford? I may be moving down to that end of the world in a few months and I'm looking for a unit to transfer to.

What do you think - is it good / bad? Would you recommend it? Are the exercises any good? Is it all RE type work or do the exercises contain an element of cross training (i.e. do you have infantry based exercises etc)?

Thanks.

2. There is no 103 Engr Regt nor a 99 Fd Sqn (Air Sp) and I don't think that there ever has been.

Where did you get this information from?

The nearest RE TA Regiment to Bedford would be 73 in Nottingham although that is still a fair trek.

3. You could always drive over to Milton Keynes and take a look at the Signals and Rifles units there.

4. When 73 Engineer regiment lost two of its squadrons they were supposed to be 'balanced' by forming a new squadron, Leicester way I believe.

That hasn't happened yet so the nearest I believe is 350 Sqn. I worked quite a bit with them and they are quite good blokes, one of the lads used to travel from somewhere that way.

Definitely worth a look.

350 (RH) Field Squadron (Volunteers)
    Forresters House
    Swiney Way
    Chilwell
    NOTTINGHAM
    NG9 5HA

Tel: 0115 9464909