99.9 percent are totally unaware of this!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by swooper, Mar 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All Officers and Soldiers in the British Army have NO contract of employment. You entered into an agreement with the crown, they didn't enter into one with you. You are paid under what is known as the 'Crown Perogative'. This essentially means that you can be paid as little or as much as they like under a voluntary basis.
    Why is this important? If you have a pay dispute, for example you are overpaid by accident, unknown to you, and they decide to recover large amounts of money without consultation you have no right to complain because legally they weren't contracted to give you anything in the first place.
    This is what happened to me after transfering trade. Despite the RCMO telling me that transferring would have no financial consequences, I got a £3000 gross public debt added to my pay account 12 months after transferring, to be recovered at £300 per month, due to a JPA processing error which I couldn't possibly have known about.
    8 months after all my emails, phone calls, and complaints through DIN's had been ignored I took the Army to court. This is when I discovered the shocking truth about our pay and exactly what your entitled to. Nothing.
    Are we really not worthy of a contract of employment? The chief of SPVA said in his statement to the court that it was a fundamental principle.
    What do you think?

2. But apparently Starbucks will not serve me some coffee?

3. msr

msr LE

You are a chopper.

msr

4. Whinging little cnut. If you wanted the protection of the Employment Rights Act 1996 you shouldn't have joined.

One of the great things about the army is it isn't subject to all the wishy-washy civie work place crap, slackers and bleeters!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

5. You sure mate? Must be a different Army to the one I'm in :D

Cheers N_W

6. Soz, I had a cold war moment... :roll:

7. Did you fuck, you lying prick.
    Any bets on who is attempting (and failing at) this wind up?

8. To the Hole!

9. What next you will be wanting a union and all...................................

10. You were overpaid. You had to pay it back. Your problem is?

11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I find the title of this thread highly misleading.

Where did you get the percentage 99.9 from?

It sounds like you just made it up to sound dramatic.

Did you know 87.4% of all percentages are made up on the spot?

12. No wait, not so fast. I think this raises a relevent point, something that we should discuss in depth.......

Namely, who are these idiots? Where do they come from and why do they talk such shite???

13. And I bet 99.9% are totally unaware of that.

14. I'd say a contract of employment was a fundamental right in a modern society regardless of whether you work for the crown or not, even if it only dealt with terms & conditions of pay it would be a huge benefit. I found out about this when pay 2001 was introduced and overnight I lost £18k of expected future career earnings over my remaining 4 years in service. Sorry said the SOS in his letter but your promotion seems to have come one day too late, if we extend your service it will balance out in about 8 years, "oh thanks" said I "you could take them to court but you haven't really got a leg to stand on probably a good idea to accept" said my Barrister "no contract of employment see"

Still as people don't seem to be bothered by it I have no doubt MoD will continue to look after you all, I see they did you a massive favour with the new redundancy terms.................... as a civvy mine are laid out in my contract of employment as are my pay and benefits, it's comforting to know that I have to agree to them being changed.

15. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Actually it's closer to 94.6%.

Anyway can we go back to talking about getting a nosh from the Argie President?