98% of new jobs go to foreigners

#1
Our glorious leader,Comrade Brown tells us often how many jobs have been created in the last 13 years...

What he fails to mention is that almost all of them have gone to foreigners.

I'm not a xenophobe, and it's a sad fact that many eastern europeans have a better work ethic than UK workers,but surely this is a disgrace?

And, yes,its the Daily Mail reporting but original story was by the Spectator from figures supplied by the Office of National Statistics



Linky
 

Attachments

#4
Markintime said:
I wouldn't get too excited, it's only the Daily Mail, hardly credible journalism.
Did you miss the bit about it being "original story was by the Spectator from figures supplied by the Office of National Statistics"?
 
#6
Steven said:
Markintime said:
I wouldn't get too excited, it's only the Daily Mail, hardly credible journalism.
Did you miss the bit about it being "original story was by the Spectator from figures supplied by the Office of National Statistics"?
Yes, then quotes private sector jobs. Gordon has created thousands of public sector jobs and they are mostly staffed by UK Passport holders but let's not let facts get in the way of a good outrage.

All people have to do is look around them, are 98% of your company foreign?
Yes, there are certain service industries where minimum wage is normally paid and they are generally staffed by immigrant or migrant workers but in the general workplace there's no predominance of foreign workers.
 
#7
Markintime said:
All people have to do is look around them, are 98% of your company foreign?
The clue is in the title... 98% of NEW jobs created since 1997 go to foreigners.

Therefore trumpeting about creating jobs when UK citizens have not been benefiting from them is disingenuous to say the least.

Still, we have had years of GBs selective figures being used to prove any argument.
 
#8
I think using the phrase "Gordon has created thousands of public sector jobs" and somehow thinking this is a positive point undermines your position a bit.
 
#9
I think you will find that the majority of these jobs are 'minimum wage', something that good old Anglo Saxon Englishmen and women will not get out of bed for!!!!
 
#10
lewiscollins said:
Markintime said:
All people have to do is look around them, are 98% of your company foreign?
The clue is in the title... 98% of NEW jobs created since 1997 go to foreigners.

Therefore trumpeting about creating jobs when UK citizens have not been benefiting from them is disingenuous to say the least.

Still, we have had years of GBs selective figures being used to prove any argument.
I'm no supporter of Brown but he has created jobs for the economy. It doesn't matter who those jobs are taken up by because they'll still pay taxes and spend their money in this country.
Employers have the right to employ those that they feel are best qualified or suited to do the job. I've had dozens of British born applicants not turn up for jobs I've offered them. They only came for interview because the Job Centre insisted they come.
The first 'foreign' people I employed were a Zimbabwean couple who had come over here as asylum seekers, they were very hard working, honest and trustworthy. Since then I've had all sorts working for me and found them to be just like everyone else, some good, some bad but generally more reliable than the indigenous locals because the motivated ones have all got jobs which just leaves the indolent.
If a lot of 'foreigners' have got the jobs perhaps the British people should take a long hard look at themselves and address the reason they're not being picked over others.
 
#11
Markintime said:
lewiscollins said:
Markintime said:
All people have to do is look around them, are 98% of your company foreign?
The clue is in the title... 98% of NEW jobs created since 1997 go to foreigners.

Therefore trumpeting about creating jobs when UK citizens have not been benefiting from them is disingenuous to say the least.

Still, we have had years of GBs selective figures being used to prove any argument.
I'm no supporter of Brown but he has created jobs for the economy. It doesn't matter who those jobs are taken up by because they'll still pay taxes and spend their money in this country.
Employers have the right to employ those that they feel are best qualified or suited to do the job. I've had dozens of British born applicants not turn up for jobs I've offered them because they only came for interview because the Job Centre insisted they come.
The first 'foreign' people I employed were a Zimbabwean couple who had come over here as asylum seekers, they were very hard working, honest and trustworthy. Since then I've had all sorts working for me and found them to be just like everyone else, some good, some bad but generally more reliable than the indigenous locals because the motivated ones have all got jobs which just leaves the indolent.
If a lot of 'foreigners' have got the jobs perhaps the British people should take a long hard look at themselves and address the reason they're not being picked over others.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there!!!
 
#12
Steven said:
I think using the phrase "Gordon has created thousands of public sector jobs" and somehow thinking this is a positive point undermines your position a bit.
Unfortunately you've been unable to read my mind correctly. I don't think it's a positive point, I think it's a massive negative point but it just shows that those figures mean very little.
 
#13
Markintime said:
Yes, then quotes private sector jobs. Gordon has created thousands of public sector jobs and they are mostly staffed by UK Passport holders but let's not let facts get in the way of a good outrage.

quote]

Of course that is part of the reason the country is broke and our credit rating will be cut if Gordon gets back in. He told us repeatedly he was going to cut repeat cut the size of the civil serpentry, but the reality is that not only have very few been sacked (I understand though there are many waiting for 'redeployment' on full pay) he has had many more non jobs created in the sepentry

The reality is that he has crowed for years about creating more jobs, and British jobs for British workers yet the reality is that he has created very few private sectior jobs for Brits, despite his promises.

I am really getting to the point where I find it difficult to believe any thing that Brown and the Labour party say, they seem to have spun themselves right up their arses.
 
#14
Markintime said:
Steven said:
I think using the phrase "Gordon has created thousands of public sector jobs" and somehow thinking this is a positive point undermines your position a bit.
Unfortunately you've been unable to read my mind correctly. I don't think it's a positive point, I think it's a massive negative point but it just shows that those figures mean very little.
Have you read the article?

The ONS figures show the total number of people in work in both the private and the public sector has risen from around 25.7million in 1997 to 27.4million at the end of last year, an increase of 1.67million.

Overall, immigration has accounted for more than 1.64million of the 1.67million jobs created since 1997.
So the actual figures seem to be for ALL jobs not just private sector ones.
The graph above is only showing the DECLINE in numbers in private sector jobs.
 
#15
Steven said:
Markintime said:
Steven said:
I think using the phrase "Gordon has created thousands of public sector jobs" and somehow thinking this is a positive point undermines your position a bit.
Unfortunately you've been unable to read my mind correctly. I don't think it's a positive point, I think it's a massive negative point but it just shows that those figures mean very little.
Have you read the article?

The ONS figures show the total number of people in work in both the private and the public sector has risen from around 25.7million in 1997 to 27.4million at the end of last year, an increase of 1.67million.

Overall, immigration has accounted for more than 1.64million of the 1.67million jobs created since 1997.
So the actual figures seem to be for ALL jobs not just private sector ones.
The graph above is only showing the DECLINE in numbers in private sector jobs.
Be that as it may, surely the point to be addressed is why foreign workers are preferred, if they are preferred? It's also worth pointing out that many Brits are involved in overseas contracts. Under EU Regulations any major public works have to be put out to tender, if an EU company wins that contract they will come over here with their own team of labour; just as British firms are doing all over Europe.
I believe there are quite a few Brits who work in Germany.
 
#16
Mr Thicky here: Does this mean that all these 600-odd jobs up for grabs in a couple of weeks time in Westminster will be taken by our foreign friends?

Couldn't do much worse than the present incumbents IMHO.
 
#17
Markintime said:
Be that as it may, surely the point to be addressed is why foreign workers are preferred, if they are preferred? It's also worth pointing out that many Brits are involved in overseas contracts. Under EU Regulations any major public works have to be put out to tender, if an EU company wins that contract they will come over here with their own team of labour; just as British firms are doing all over Europe.
I believe there are quite a few Brits who work in Germany.
What is wrong with you!!! Can't you see that these guys are trying to open your eyes to a very real threat - we are being fundamentally taken over by migrant workers. Soon, you wont be able to go anywhere without seeing people working instead of laying around moaning about how they cant get jobs. We could end up close to full employment at this rate.

Jeesus - what if all these bloody Europeans start getting votes? Its only a matter of time under the one eyed porridge wog. Then what? Well, we might have a drive for cutting benefits and forcing people to work.

Sort your head out man. Can't you see? The only way to vote is for one of the parties that has promised to cut immigration to zero. I would suggest either the BNP or UKIP as being the only party that really supports British Jobs for British Workers.


WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
#19
Markintime said:
Steven said:
Markintime said:
Steven said:
I think using the phrase "Gordon has created thousands of public sector jobs" and somehow thinking this is a positive point undermines your position a bit.
Unfortunately you've been unable to read my mind correctly. I don't think it's a positive point, I think it's a massive negative point but it just shows that those figures mean very little.
Have you read the article?

The ONS figures show the total number of people in work in both the private and the public sector has risen from around 25.7million in 1997 to 27.4million at the end of last year, an increase of 1.67million.

Overall, immigration has accounted for more than 1.64million of the 1.67million jobs created since 1997.
So the actual figures seem to be for ALL jobs not just private sector ones.
The graph above is only showing the DECLINE in numbers in private sector jobs.
Be that as it may, surely the point to be addressed is why foreign workers are preferred, if they are preferred? It's also worth pointing out that many Brits are involved in overseas contracts. Under EU Regulations any major public works have to be put out to tender, if an EU company wins that contract they will come over here with their own team of labour; just as British firms are doing all over Europe.
I believe there are quite a few Brits who work in Germany.
:) yeah one or two..

While I agree that the discussion should probably be as to why 98% of all new jobs go to immigrants it was the inital dismissive "Oh it is the Daily Mail so it must be wrong" a bit odd.
 
#20
Markintime said:
lewiscollins said:
Markintime said:
All people have to do is look around them, are 98% of your company foreign?
The clue is in the title... 98% of NEW jobs created since 1997 go to foreigners.

Therefore trumpeting about creating jobs when UK citizens have not been benefiting from them is disingenuous to say the least.

Still, we have had years of GBs selective figures being used to prove any argument.
I'm no supporter of Brown but he has created jobs for the economy. It doesn't matter who those jobs are taken up by because they'll still pay taxes and spend their money in this country.
Employers have the right to employ those that they feel are best qualified or suited to do the job. I've had dozens of British born applicants not turn up for jobs I've offered them. They only came for interview because the Job Centre insisted they come.
The first 'foreign' people I employed were a Zimbabwean couple who had come over here as asylum seekers, they were very hard working, honest and trustworthy. Since then I've had all sorts working for me and found them to be just like everyone else, some good, some bad but generally more reliable than the indigenous locals because the motivated ones have all got jobs which just leaves the indolent.
If a lot of 'foreigners' have got the jobs perhaps the British people should take a long hard look at themselves and address the reason they're not being picked over others.
Of course it matters, every job taken by a foreign worker=1 UK born person still scrounging off the state.

There is something very wrong with our welfare state.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Current Affairs, News and Analysis 25
DangerMouse Officers 5
Adjutant Army Pay, Claims & JPA 13

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top