95 PLCE Bergan quick release shoulder ladderloc

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by loony, Jan 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PLCE DPM bergan Longback

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to these pox adjusters falling apart whenever they are touched? (can't swap it in for an updated)

I'm thinking I can epoxy the things together or last resort get some new ladderlocs sewn in, on a budget as a Voluteer Cadet Instructor.

I am thinking these maybe:

http://www.acesupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Military_Side_Release_.html

Field Replacement S/Release 25mm Split SR25BKA/Split

and whilst I am on a bergan subject
    what are the adjustable straps at the top of the padded shoulder straps that connect to the body of the bergan for?

Thank you

2. I used superglue ! Never had a problem after that, at least up until one of them disintegrated a couple of years later whilst on a CFT. :lol:

3. Those are to pull the top of the bergen as close to your shoulder blades as possible; they make carrying heavy loads in the top of the bergen much more comfortable.

If the buckles on the shoulder straps annoy you then get a saw and cut them off, cutting the plastic not the webbing. Chose a replacement buckle, saw diagonally through the plastic to create a gap like this;

[​IMG]

The gap allows you to attach it to your bergen without having to cut and resew webbing, and is normally quite strong.

4. A bit of NBC repair tape (sniper tape) ripped very thin and then passed around the buckle normally does the job.

The tape will still rip and allow the buckle to work as designed if you really get angry with it and need the bergan off in a hurry.

6. In hot weather I've seen people leave them a bit loose, stick a lightweight jacket under the straps and do them up tight so when they stop they don't have to dig around inside the bergen for an extra layer. Otherwise, no, I can't see why you wouldn't want them done up, and mine are taped down to stop them coming loose.

7. The top straps are for when walking up inclines, the steeper the incline, the more you loosen it off. That way the weight is still spread evenly and not forcing you down into the hill.

8. Removed

9. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

I was on a timed bergan run with the quick release bollocks jobbies. They both snapped at the same time. Had to finish the race with my bergen ontop of one shoulder like a sack of cement. I came second last. :( Shit piece of kit.