91% thumbs up to HM Forces?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by fuggyred, Mar 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody else getting hacked off at these endless useless petitions?

Maybe I'll start a petition about it.

2. I'd have to agree unfortunately. Has there ever been a petition to Number 10 that has seen a positive response from the Government?

Having said that I've seen some petitions on the Number 10 site that are just ludicrous and I'm glad they were promptly ignored!

3. Apathy is what lets the idiots in charge get away with stuff every time.

If enough people respond it gets noticed, if they can't be arsed it doesn't, simple as that.

of course it may take a couple of hundred thousand, but you have to start somewhere.

I'll get back in my box now. :oops:

4. Please love us. We want so much to be loved. We need the British Public to applaud us at every oppurtunity. We need old men and children to stop in the street and salute us. :roll: Whatever happened to just getting on with the job and minding our own business.

5. I can see you're happy soul then :D

Fancy a petition on EU instead?

6. Couldn't agree more. What a waste of time!

7. 91%, why not 100%?

8. " 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery were given a rapturous welcome home in the (Plymouth) city centre."
    http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/CITY-SALUTES-HOMECOMING-HEROES/article-912309-detail/article.html

Slides http://www.slide.com/r/m2Rl5Dkv7T_vdsJqZfW-ZAfK5YTS4U56?previous_view=TICKER&previous_action=TICKER_ITEM_CLICK&ciid=576460752938942231

"THE brave personnel of Plymouth's 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery were given a rapturous welcome home in the city centre."

"Thousands of people lined the streets to cheer our soldiers on as they proudly paraded from the Citadel, along Royal Parade and into the Armada Way Piazza.".....

Jim K****, from St Cleer, in South East Cornwall, served with the Duke of Cornwall Light Infantry between 1954 and 1956. The veteran said he went along because he is proud of the regiment. He said: "It was lovely to see so many people seeing them home. There must have been between 2,000 and 3,000 people. It was brilliant to see."

A rousing thumbs up from Guzz and the Plymouth Herald (pity about "Dave"'s comment, really)