9 out of 10 porridge wogs get more in public services than they pay in tax

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Wordsmith, Oct 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Here's an interesting economic model.

Nine in ten Scots 'living off state's patronage' - Telegraph

On that basis it's difficult to see how Scotland's going to avoid going bust after independence.

Wordsmith

2. You could have given us a heads up - I've got no popcorn or Hobnobs in the cupboard.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Even Labour has said recently that things have to change - that one-upmanship in terms of, effectively, buying votes has to end. Funnily enough, the nationalists don't see it the same way.

4. Osbourne wants to slash £10Bn from the benefits slush fund, Salmond will be introducing the porridge tax soon to pay for his independance folly!!

5. Pffft, they'll be living like kings on the proceeds of their North Sea oil.

Oi, stop laughing.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Scottish kings? The last king of scotland seemed to do ok!

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

And he himself was a reflection of the oil.

8. Seeing as their ancesteral thrown is a stone!!

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Sebcoe, have you put your nightmare in your avatar ?

/avatars/sebcoe.gif?dateline=1347567321

10. Bloody hell........Has the world ended ?

11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

have you read the theories on that? salmon wants a scottish sovereign wealth fund or at least some cash to splash and one theory is they will have to sell the north sea rights to china.

my favorite is scotland goes independant thinking it can use the oil revenue, then shetland declares it doesn't want to be part of the jock republic and takes 90% of oil/gas with it. sets up a sovereign wealth fund making them the wealthiest people on the planet with a fleet of hired mercenaries to protect its interests :)

12. I thought the oil fields were outside the 12 mile limit.

13. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Sorry - I gave all mine to Peter Dow...

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oooh, its been ages since we had one of these. Sooner or later the SNP will have to piss, or get off the pot. I'm guessing sooner as the rest of the UK is a tad strapped for cash. Either they stick with the mainland and the SNP lives off 'what might have been' propaganda. Or they go independent, and hope for a slice of overseas aid for developing nations.

The SNP has been crying wolf for a long time now.

15. More economic migrancy. They've been holding their Annual Camp at Scarborough Training Area for a while now. Come independence, field conditions will be declared and they'll get free-feeder status.