9/11 Anniversary Grief Whore Facebook Postings.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_guru, Sep 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lets have shits and giggles in cutting and pasting the maudlin Facebook posts of Grief Whores that you know.

It's early yet in the day, but here's a mild one for starters....

On SEPTEMBER 11TH FROM 8:46 am -10:28am Eastern Time: Facebook will go on "radio-silence": no postings or chats, starting when the first plane hit until the last building fell ... Do this in memory of all who perished 10 years ago; of the first responders; of the children who never knew their passed mothers & fathers; AND of those who have re-built a Positive future for them, NYC, USA & the World !! -> ♥ Please REPOST AND PASS IT ON. ♥

and

[​IMG]

2. My sister in law, who has never been to that americcy, flown on a plane etc etc posted this.

If you asked me if I remembered what I did last Tuesday, I couldn't tell you, but if you asked me if I remembered what I did 10 years ago on Tuesday, September 11, 2001, I could tell you exactly what I was doing. I WILL NEVER FORGET! Bless the heroes & those who lost loved ones ♥
    ¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
    \ 9/11 AMERICA \

Im tempted to reply that as it was a tuesday I would have been working earlies and onto the TA later that night.

3. We remember the shock
    We remember the pain
    We remember it all
    The towers, the planes
    We remember our anger
    Our need to lash out
    We all wanted justice
    Without any doubt
    We remember the hope
    That more would be found
    Buried in the wreckage
    Where those buildings came down
    We remember the people
    Referred to as heroes
    All the ones who saved lives
    Or died at ground zero
    We will never forget
    We will always remember
    When america changed
    That day in september

--Facebook is full of 'em.

4. I've been quite lucky, the only 2 remotely griefwhorish posts have been -

[h=6]10 years ago today the world changed forever, RIP all the innocents who died that day, always remember, never forget and never forgive, fuck islam[/h]and

[h=6]thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims of those terrorist bastards from 9/11! may you never be forgotten![/h]

5. [​IMG]

As someone's profile picture is probably the worst so far, thankfully.

6. I prefer t-shirts to poetry

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. You'd have thought that gargantuan eagle would have made the towers harder to hit with a plane.

8. You would certainly know about it if it shat on you

9. And all Superman managed to do was tear his cape and catsuit! Hopeless.

10. So far I've had:

This day ten years ago something awful happened, as a mark of respect to those who lost their lives I am going to go out in the sunshine and enjoy mine (she lives just down the road, it's raining here). Don't waste a moment, it's disrespectful. So my facebook will defo be silent (knowing this bird, it fucking wont be). Enjoy your day, I'm pretty sure they would if they were here.

and someone added:

Words of Wisdom x x

I've asked them what happened on the 9th November. No reply as yet.:eh:

On the other hand, my bro in law did put:

KFC are doing a new meal deal for the tenth anniversary of 9/11.
    It comes with four hot wings, two flaming towers and a big apple crumble.

• Like Like x 6
  11. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

Strange that sort of thing never happens for anniversaries of such as Warren Point, Omagh..... Need I go gon?

• Like Like x 2
  12. I got two:

For All 9/11 victims...
    For the husband who told his wife I love you one last time before his plane went down in a field,
    for the wife who stopped in the stairs to call her husband to say I will love you forever,
    for the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye the morning they died,
    for the policemen who rushed in with the firemen to help get others out only to die themselves,
    for the soldiers who fought back and lost their lives.
    today, tomorrow, ten years from now, we will remember

and:

A lot of people passed away too early -- without a reason.
    When we look at the sky -- we like the thought that they are looking back at us.
    We remember them often -- in the morning -- in the night.
    When we look at the stars...a date...a song...a place...a smell...in memory of those who left us.
    Post this as your status if you miss somebody who is watching you from heaven

13. "Heft a cold one in this 22 oz. ceramic stein with gold trim. A great “usable” alternative to the trophy. Make any day Oktoberfest whether with this impressive stein on the shelf or in-hand. Cheers!

Measures 6.75" tall, 3.75" diameter base, 3" diameter rim
    Dishwasher safe
    Not recommended for microwave"

Attached Files:

14. I've had the '10 years ago today' comments as well.

I have countered it with a bit of a replication of Cait's glorious 'lounge zero' gag.

That should upset a few of the fuckers.

15. I have put my own tribute up with a change in profile picture.

[​IMG]

We will remember them.

• Like Like x 3