89 Year old ex-soldier needs help

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by still21inmymind, Sep 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I quote from the petition:

"Norman Binnall 89 years old from Burnham-on-Sea has been told he must leave his care home because he does not meet the government criteria for funding. Norman was a P.O.W in Germany for over 3 years and lost a foot at Dunkirk. He is petrified about returning home on his home with very little care. Is this the way we should be treating the Heroes who gave us what we have today. Ex-sevicemen like Norman have given this country a lot, let us not ignore them in their time of need."

The petition can be found at;

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/normanbinnall/

2. What about the ' Star and Garter ' in Richmond. Can they help him.

I will go and pick him up.

3. J_W, I am just a third party messenger dragging this from another forum. A Google of his name brings up a welter of pages.

4. Ok - will check this out.

5. Hi guys, to let you know Norman is from Burnham-on-sea somerset.
    We have a few orgs looking to see what help they can give him, but i thankyou all who has signed the petition, not just for Norman. He is not an isolated case.
    If you want to read more about Norman you can through the following link.

http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/2007/norman-petition-26-09-07.shtml

6. Signed

7. signed

8. signed

9. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

10. Have signed. Did it as soon as I read it but after fighting with the Post Code section for a while thought to myself "this could be you soon you auld knacker." Always 18 to 23 in my mind but when my head blew up 2 years ago I woke up age 52. Welcome to the Almost 55 Club CBM I was told by the Great ASM in the sky. By snuffing it I would save the government loads of money. If they do that to serving (and auld gits who left in 93) soldiers, what chance in the current climbate does a HERO like Norman stand. Perhaps if he was a single parent with debts and a drug habit...............Pass me the tablets ( at £6.95 a time.....God bless the pension).

11. signed

12. Has anybody tried B.L.E.S.M.A,for assistance since the ow'd lad lost a foot?.I signed also,makes you fcking wonder how stupid this country's going to get!. :x WWW.BLESMA.ORG

13. Signed!