89 (AB) MI Section

Who are 89 (AB) MI Section

• A bunch of unprofessional cowboys, who think they are Paras and are destroying the good name of thei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A collective of war heroes who are misunderstood

• Well above us mere mortals, tried and tested collation methods are not for them, anyway, who needs t

• Total voters
The section has two para trained sgts, and one JNCO who is on the next available jumps course (he tried it once but is a mong and smashed his ankle up) another two JNCOs are going on P-Coy in in the new year, and confident of both passing.

evilgenius said:
just to clarify at the moment only one person has passed p-coy, one AACC and the other one dosn't wear his wings
Marginally better than wearing your wings without doing the course
<<QV star of the SIB "office security video">>

Unless its the 49 Para LiLo wings, which few of us ever talk about.

eye_spy said:
There is a very good reason behind my attack. I will not go into it here for obvious reasons. However, needless to say, yes I commend those who attempt P Coy. However, I can not defend those that:

a. Think they are airborne when they haven't even attempt P Coy

b. Think they are special because they are in a unit which is slightly out of the ordinary

c. Neglect the more mundane part of our jobs in the Int Sect because it is not interesting or can't be bothered.

BA, i feel things may have changed somewhat in the last decade.
Well first off no one thinks their airborne in the section that hasn't done a rufty-tufty course, if any one did give it big-licks i would be the first person to beast them for it. Granted there were a few incidents in previous years of this happening but not any more.

We are special beacuse we work for the worlds most bizzare brigade whos sole objective seems to be to try and kill the int section through beasting us using the medium of FRAGOs and other spurious int lead operations.

The last one, i will hold up my hands on this and say that we are not most conventinal section but as i have said above we don't work for a conventinal brigade.

For more defence of the section i would direct you to the breifing day at bulford we attended, no one giving it biglicks and i thought we got on quite well with the rest of the int gimps present.

evilgenius said:
.....For more defence of the section i would direct you to the breifing day at bulford we attended, no one giving it biglicks and i thought we got on quite well with the rest of the int gimps present.
Didn't realise CR had attended...:D

AF1771 said:
evilgenius said:
.....For more defence of the section i would direct you to the breifing day at bulford we attended, no one giving it biglicks and i thought we got on quite well with the rest of the int gimps present.
Didn't realise CR had attended...:D
that would be the first time you didnt all stand in one corner being "elite" then :D

evilgenius said:
......For more defence of the section i would direct you to the breifing day at bulford we attended, no one giving it biglicks and i thought we got on quite well with the rest of the int gimps present.
yes we are all just mere Int gimps because we don't wear the plum coloured beret.

In 20 years' time, when I'm showing ignorant civvies the Unit picture, which includes me sat next to the Dakota in Aldershot in me maroon beret and AB smock (but curiously shields my right shoulder), I will have done P Coy about 15 times.
:)

Slightly_Nasty said:
In 20 years' time, when I'm showing ignorant civvies the Unit picture, which includes me sat next to the Dakota in Aldershot in me maroon beret and AB smock (but curiously shields my right shoulder), I will have done P Coy about 15 times.
S_N - You could tell them that you'd sculpted your 'tache into the shape of a set of wings for the occasion!

AF1771 said:
evilgenius said:
......For more defence of the section i would direct you to the breifing day at bulford we attended, no one giving it biglicks and i thought we got on quite well with the rest of the int gimps present.
yes we are all just mere Int gimps because we don't wear the plum coloured beret.
A wise old steely-eyed and bemedalled owl once told CPL sonic that its not the colour of hat that matters; rather it is what is beneath the hat that matters.

If a slimey padlock counter or nocturnal transcriber does their job as well as the tippest, toppest Abn soldier, or blade, then who can really complain?

I am privilideged still to know some top "elite" soldiers, and then there are the rest. I am also privilidged to know some cr@phats, who are just as good at what they do, and a few who are better :!:

Just because you have got a funny hat, it does not mean you are the only one who can survive and work through adversity, to deliver the commander effective decision support.

AF1771 said:
evilgenius said:
The phrase 'the rest of the int gimps' was refering to all present not just the bulford lot.

and its maroon :D

evilgenius said:
AF1771 said:
evilgenius said:
The phrase 'the rest of the int gimps' was refering to all present not just the bulford lot.

and its maroon :D
I can't believe you fell for this..........

All at 89 will have to do their time back in the padlock checking, map marking world once their two years in Colchester is done, with minimal to no chance of keeping up with their jump pay!

Invicta said:
Slightly_Nasty said:
S_N - You could tell them that you'd sculpted your 'tache into the shape of a set of wings for the occasion!
don't know why 89 make such a big deal about this exclusive club.

if you go purely on numbers of our lot who can wear them, para wings aren't the hardest wings to earn... ;)

*ducks and waits for bites*

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Invicta said:
Slightly_Nasty said:
don't know why 89 make such a big deal about this exclusive club.

if you go purely on numbers of our lot who can wear them, para wings aren't the hardest wings to earn..
Surely you don't mean the Chicksands tri-service challenge....?

Well I know five Intelligence Corps with either pilots or FJ navigator's wings .

What could be harder to get than that? :wink:

89 Int - its just a posting, available to anyone in the Corps. Just another wanky Bde Int section, IMO any Bde Int Section being the absolute worst job that anyone can do in the Corps. Its demeaning. My first posting was in 85 Int Section, and it was truly toss. The fact I didn't sign off at that early stage is a miracle.

89, 85 or whatever, stick those maps together lads. Then plan your career as best you can as to never, ever go back to a Bde Int Section again, or at least until you are a WO2 and you can stave off all the shit from the Signals SNCO's and protect your guys from it.