85% of Americans do not know the dance moves to the national anthem

alib

LE
Via Consumerist Facebook To Point Out To Your Idiot Friends That The Onion Is Not Real News
onion.png

Good bless The Onion, confusing Septics since 1988.

NSP

LE
82% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

Love the onion, always buy it when in NY, much much better than The Big Issue and you don't have to speak Rumanian to get it.

NSP

LE
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28834682 "
Facebook tags the Onion 'satire' in news feeds"
Like that's going to stop the sort of moron that thinks it's real news already from carrying on thinking it's time to get on their hobby-horse!

Even if it came up with a big, full-screen, flashing, brightly-coloured "It's not real news, you muppet" message that persisted for a full five minutes, locked out the keyboard, mouse, ALT-F4 and power button and played a blaring klaxon sound out of the speakers for the duration there are still far too many weapons-grade tits (mostly American and/or mostly sub-21yr olds, I'd guess) who still wouldn't manage to work it out.

And they are our future political and business leaders.

We're f**ked...

Like that's going to stop the sort of moron that thinks it's real news already from carrying on thinking it's time to get on their hobby-horse!

Even if it came up with a big, full-screen, flashing, brightly-coloured "It's not real news, you muppet" message that persisted for a full five minutes, locked out the keyboard, mouse, ALT-F4 and power button and played a blaring klaxon sound out of the speakers for the duration there are still far too many weapons-grade tits (mostly American and/or mostly sub-21yr olds, I'd guess) who still wouldn't manage to work it out.

And they are our future political and business leaders.

We're f**ked...

The really scary thing if you read the BBC article is that it isn't just the Septics who need it to be pointed out to them ........

NSP

LE
So I gather - as I said, mostly....

(There's almost 4.5x more Septics than there are of us - and I'm well aware of the quality of British school-leavers, the Faceberk generation, these days...)

The Onion? what a ******* shit name...

Good articles though I have to admit.

alib

LE
The really scary thing if you read the BBC article is that it isn't just the Septics who need it to be pointed out to them ........
The Septics having dance moves to go with the national anthem is a worryingly plausible idea.

I generally watch BBC News at Six, a bit of Russia Today and finish with The Onion for a balanced view of how the rest of the world views itself.

Love the tickertape across the bottom screen, "Missing child probably raped and on crack by now", etc.

The Septics having dance moves to go with the national anthem is a worryingly plausible idea.
Don't tempt them please.
Or there again it would be good for a laugh.