82nd Airborne Legend

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It would do if that's what the OP once stated. But it wasn't. He told us the aircraft was taking rounds so he, and others purposely jumped on a red light.

The aircraft made it home in one piece and the men who didn't jump were incessantly bullied back at base. From memory I believe they even made up a vicious cadence song to march to whenever the non jumpers were around.

He was quite proud of that.
I think the whole thing might be a bit of a whopper. OP seems a bit of a Milan expert to me.

I think the whole thing might be a bit of a whopper. OP seems a bit of a Milan expert to me.
Do you think he likes breathing in the scent of a young man's musk on a bike seat.

That's just krool!

I recall an instance where a transfer Sergeant remarked that the PT standards were not Army regulation.
That the men were required to achieve standards beyond requirements.
An SGM told the Sgt., "You ain't in the Army no more - you in the got damned 82nd Airborne!
If you want an easy ride, join the Army. If you want to go above and beyond every single day, join the 82nd.

A reflection of my time in the Airborne. All The Way!
Ignore all the others I'll talk to you

I am also Infantile, Ranger-Guides, 49 Para Mortars, SAS Team 6 and done Level 10 on Halo to get my wings. I go All The Way with Airborne. I am even in the Mile High Club.

Can we be friends?

I also love jumping para's at Red Lights (see this thread Lower Jumper's Red Light )

Last edited:
Nope, don't recall much of it, too drunk you see, I do recall shooting at some Dago types once, but the Poole police got a little bit cross about that, so less said eh?
You're not the one who destroyed a speed camera near Poole, which was a bit a change from upturning holiday makers caravans when the occupants were still in them...

You're not the one who destroyed a speed camera near Poole, which was a bit a change from upturning holiday makers caravans when the occupants were still in them...
the urban legend has it that durring the filming of Doctor Doolittle they had generators for the lights. This was in a small village where Randolph Finnes mother lived. The noise was upsetting her. Allegedly Randolph was RTUed from Hereford as there was some PX missing from stores that was of the same type that "turned off" the generators so Mrs Finnes could have a peaceful day.

the urban legend has it that durring the filming of Doctor Doolittle they had generators for the lights. This was in a small village where Randolph Finnes mother lived. The noise was upsetting her. Allegedly Randolph was RTUed from Hereford as there was some PX missing from stores that was of the same type that "turned off" the generators so Mrs Finnes could have a peaceful day.
If you mean Ranulph Fiennes, yes they did and yes he was.

Not really an urban legend, he tells the story all the time.