82nd Airborne Legend

I recall an instance where a transfer Sergeant remarked that the PT standards were not Army regulation.
That the men were required to achieve standards beyond requirements.
An SGM told the Sgt., "You ain't in the Army no more - you in the got damned 82nd Airborne!
If you want an easy ride, join the Army. If you want to go above and beyond every single day, join the 82nd.

A reflection of my time in the Airborne. All The Way!

Attachments

Which end of the leg are you?

The end that disobeys the jump light and jumps on red, deliberately missing his drop zone in Panama probably to avoid combat. Cowardice I expect...

Last edited:
During a short soujourne Ft. Bragg, I was told that AA referred to - 'African Airborne ' Might have been related to the volume of recruits at this time in 1970. Top guys in all and great to party with in Fayetteville. :)

During a short soujourne Ft. Bragg, I was told that AA referred to - 'African Airborne ' Might have been related to the volume of recruits at this time in 1970. Top guys in all and great to party with in Fayetteville. :)
I never heard that joke. Of course, the AA stands for All American.
We very much enjoyed hosting the Brit paras on their visits. Good times.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh God, here we go! Another airborne love-in. Hope you guys have plenty of lubeo_O :D

I thought that the 101st Airborne were the cream of the US Army?
Air Assault, rather than Airborne these days.

Helis, rather than planes

I recall an instance where a transfer Sergeant remarked that the PT standards were not Army regulation.
That the men were required to achieve standards beyond requirements.
An SGM told the Sgt., "You ain't in the Army no more - you in the got damned 82nd Airborne!
If you want an easy ride, join the Army. If you want to go above and beyond every single day, join the 82nd.

A reflection of my time in the Airborne. All The Way!
I am getting moist thinking about your awesomeness.