820,000 Scots 'living in poverty'

And independance will just increase this with Faslane closed with 8k of jobs going?
Vote for independence is a vote for a 3rd world Scotland, surely??

The number of people living in poverty in Scotland increased to 820,000 last year, Scottish government-published figures have said. The 2012-13 figure, which accounts for 16% of the population, was 110,000 more than in the previous year.

The number of children in poverty rose by 30,000 to 180,000, said the figures.
Scottish ministers said the statistics underlined the need for independence, but the UK government said it was tacking action to tackle poverty.

More @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28106456

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
And independance will just increase this with Faslane closed with 8k of jobs going?
Vote for independence is a vote for a 3rd world Scotland, surely??

The number of people living in poverty in Scotland increased to 820,000 last year, Scottish government-published figures have said. The 2012-13 figure, which accounts for 16% of the population, was 110,000 more than in the previous year.

The number of children in poverty rose by 30,000 to 180,000, said the figures.
Scottish ministers said the statistics underlined the need for independence, but the UK government said it was tacking action to tackle poverty.

More @ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28106456

Tell me - because I can't be arrsed to look it up. On what terms to the jocks want this independence of theirs? Do they just want to pis s off, or do they want us to pis s off but leave them some money, by any chance?

Tell me - because I can't be arrsed to look it up. On what terms to the jocks want this independence of theirs? Do they just want to pis s off, or do they want us to pis s off but leave them some money, by any chance?

Bit like the wife wanting a divorce, they want an equitable 50/50 split whereby they get the House, car, Kids and Furniture and you get the Mortgage , HP agreement, credit cards and csa.

its fairly straight forward,whats theirs is theirs ie oil BUT whats ours is also THEIRS, like Sterling.

ACAB

LE
Bit like the wife wanting a divorce, they want an equitable 50/50 split whereby they get the House, car, Kids and Furniture and you get the Mortgage , HP agreement, credit cards and csa.
More like a petulant teenager demanding that you continue to finance them when they've left home.

Last edited:
How about "820,000 Scots on the receiving end of UK government policy" instead?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs

Old stylee?

That'd be nice.

gunboat-dip.jpeg

Whatever!

Still at least, you'll be all grown up soon er..? You'll have to fend for yourselves then, but no doubt, you'll be back cap in hand.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Whatever!

Still at least, you'll be all grown up soon er..? You'll have to fend for yourselves then, but no doubt, you'll be back cap in hand.

I seem to remember reading some depressing statistic that only 2 in ten jocks or something like that actually make a positive impact on the economy. ie, if they work at all, their tax credits and such come to more than their tax.

Why the fook a place that isn't making any money would want to be independent is totally beyond me.

[QUOTE="Drivers_lag, post: 5841473, member: 86915"
Why the fook a place that isn't making any money would want to be independent is totally beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Ask your landlord or the blokes down stairs. I bet they say it was something to do with babies on pitchforks and nicking their potato's.

Errm, and as the Scottish Government has tax raising powers, what exactly is it doing to correct this utterly appalling state of affairs? Well, nothing (apart from campaigning for independence which will bankrupt the country. Except, of course, it isn't the Scottish Government campaigning for independence, it is the "Yes Scotland" campaign. Which is supported, financially, from two sources. The Weirs, spending their own money. And the SNP, as the Scottish Government, spending ours. Checked and it is the Naafi - so "cnuts!").

Of course, there aren't 820k Scots living in poverty. That's just utter bollocks. It's all "relative poverty" - not anything that anybody sensible would actually recognise as being poverty rather than poor (and, as has been said on here before, I don't live in the most salubrious area of the Central Belt - I see the Scottish poor on a daily basis). It would actually be quite useful to know what real poverty figures were, and why they got there, so we could do something about it.

Interestingly, from talking to a whole bunch of people wedded to the "campaign against poverty" meme, the most common reasons for being cash poor in Scotland are:

1. The DWP ferk up processing your benefits.
2. Divorce or separation (for whoever ends up with the kids. Not the ex-wife as often as in contested divorces for the better off.)
3. Your parents kicking you out of the house. Usually 'cause you are a ******** and a layabout. Occasionally because you are either up the duff or you got somebody else up the duff.
4. Leaving council "care".

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
[QUOTE="Drivers_lag, post: 5841473, member: 86915"
Why the fook a place that isn't making any money would want to be independent is totally beyond me.

Ask your landlord or the blokes down stairs. I bet they say it was something to do with babies on pitchforks and nicking their potato's.[/QUOTE]

Well yes - but apart from that and pinching all their trees and conscripting all their men and raping all their women and stealing all their land.

Apart from that I meant.

Whilst we're at it, we'll have the Jocks that actually want to stay in the Union and Scotland can have all of them whinging Scouse cnuts in return... Oh, and all of your other Celtic brethren can piss off north of the border as well.

Would that be the same UK government that included a disproportionate number of Scots (including two Chancellors) for 13 of the last 17 years?

And the SNP, as the Scottish Government, spending ours.
Have you not received your 'Better Together' brochure published by HMG yet? I did.
IMG_20140701_0001.jpg

Soft, strong, but not really all that absorbent.

Would that be the same UK government that included a disproportionate number of Scots (including two Chancellors) for 13 of the last 17 years?
Unionist Scots, yes.

Just goes to show, doesn't it? Not even Scots can make the UK work.