• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

81mm Mortar B qualification

Is that the CPO course?

Only did section commander, mostly needed beer tokens (needed to wax the voice box after shouting so much)

Map and protractor plotting.
Basic maths.
All characteristics of the weapons system and mnemonics. (RSM WANTS MEN, FART, BEACHLOAF) etc

Good luck!

Edited for the right course!

Abs, Firstly you are asking for advice on your PNCO cadre now you are on an 81mm mortar B-qual course?

Is it who ever turns up at your TAC first gets the highest rank?

Or do you work on the rank lottery system?

Skotto

Yes we do have a rank lottery system its directly linked to the fruit machine in the mess, anyway Skkottt you must have hit the Jackpot when Glasgow lost your records and you suddenly acquired the rank of L/CPL without having to do a PNCO's cadre :wink:

scott8629 said:
Abs, Firstly you are asking for advice on your PNCO cadre now you are on an 81mm mortar B-qual course?
Skotto
Your not the only one confused I'm sure I've got B qual, abs if you are more senior - you probably knew me (I'm ex 3 PWO).

polar said:
scott8629 said:
Skotto
Your not the only one confused I'm sure I've got B qual, abs if you are more senior - you probably knew me (I'm ex 3 PWO).
I was in PWO back in 97, who are you Polar?

abs4253 said:
Yes we do have a rank lottery system its directly linked to the fruit machine in the mess, anyway Skkottt you must have hit the Jackpot when Glasgow lost your records and you suddenly acquired the rank of L/CPL without having to do a PNCO's cadre :wink:

The PNCO cardre ment nothing back in 43 wITH the red hordes bearing down on our necks

abs4253 said:
Thats right the C2 sight along with the TLE was found at the gates of Stalingrad.
I read some where that a fully working Stealth fighter was seen 65 miles west of Stalingrad along with a dyson hoover and a Pentum 4 laptop.

scott8629 said:
I was B coy.
Caught up with a few from B Coy Mortars a few weeks ago, seems like promotion has been a bit static (or I'd met a few that were going nowhere)
Normally catch up with ex A Coy seniors/officers on 15 Bde exercises (not just EWRR the actual HQ itself), on one exercise nearly all of the old C Coy HQ team were there in Bde HQ

polar said:
scott8629 said:
I was B coy.
Caught up with a few from B Coy Mortars a few weeks ago, seems like promotion has been a bit static (or I'd met a few that were going nowhere)
Normally catch up with ex A Coy seniors/officers on 15 Bde exercises (not just EWRR the actual HQ itself), on one exercise nearly all of the old C Coy HQ team were there in Bde HQ
You will know a bloke called PANDA, im sure we will know some of the same people, was Tiny your PSI back in 97/98?

abs4253 said:
3 PWO fought at Stalingrad under the command of SS Leibstandarte, this remained a secret until 1997 that's whey it had to change cap badge.
I heard that too. Serving members can still wear the Iron Cross on rememberance sunday

Latest Threads