80s BFBS

oh my god...memory lane! We were there 80-83, in and around JHQ!! :D

'86-96' for me...sighs wistfully :roll:

I was a brat in the Traz around that time. 'Wonderful' memories of such delights as the NAAFI lottery...

Good find!

Ahh Karina Schnabel. Hallo guten tag.

Crikey, the Tele hadn't been invented on my first posting to Hameln, we only had Beefers Radio with the grumble weeds on Saturday mornin.
Radio 2 could be picked up if you wrapped enough don 10 around the perimeter fence and stood in a specific spot without moving.

The Me Mark Page show on a Saturday morning, was actually quite funny if i remember

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Who was the rather camp presenter in the late 80's?

re-stilly said:
The Me Mark Page show on a Saturday morning, was actually quite funny if i remember
Mark Page was hilarious as was Nankers who I had the pleasure of buying drinks in FI as his wallet had been hermetically sealed. :x

mistersoft said:
re-stilly said:
Mark Page was hilarious as was Nankers who I had the pleasure of buying drinks in FI as his wallet had been hermetically sealed. :x
Whatever happened to him as when I came back in 91 he had vanished

I remember watching BFBS TV in the early 80s. When I first got there the TV started at about 18:00 and went on until 23:00. The rest of the time it was testcard with radio. The radio service was much better then, even if it was only one channel. Anyone remember Nankers the "old horse" from BFPO 3 & sixpence?

B_AND_T said:
Who was the rather camp presenter in the late 80's?
Would that have been Andrew Pastouna? :?

K

Kirkz

Plant-Pilot said:
I remember watching BFBS TV in the early 80s. When I first got there the TV started at about 18:00 and went on until 23:00. The rest of the time it was testcard with radio. The radio service was much better then, even if it was only one channel. Anyone remember Nankers the "old horse" from BFPO 3 & sixpence?
I remember Nakers with his witty ditty "Hows Your Parts" :D
How he got away with some of the stuff he played I'll never know!

I was listening to Nankers on Radio Cumbria on my way home last night, he read out an email from someone asking him how's your parts? I've a funny feeling it was from an arrser who has read on here that he's in Cumbria. ;)

K

Kirkz

The_Highway_Man said:
I was listening to Nankers on Radio Cumbria on my way home last night, he read out an email from someone asking him how's your parts? I've a funny feeling it was from an arrser who has read on here that he's in Cumbria. ;)
Is he any good on radio Cumbria? Might have to tune in for a listen if he is 8)

Kirkz said:
The_Highway_Man said:
Is he any good on radio Cumbria? Might have to tune in for a listen if he is 8)
He's a bit more serious than he was on Bumbly Fumbly but the banter's still there.

Does anybody remember Roger Dentith? IIRC he was on the radio and then moved to announcing on the telly approx 1990. On the telly, he announced The Fall Guy (with Lee Majors) as a proggy full of cunning stunts.

That was the last time I saw him do any announcements. :lol:

The_Highway_Man said:

ooooh that might have been me!!! I emailed him and said that :D